Ubisoft delays Skull & Bones again and won’t show it at E3 2019 | PCGamesN

Ubisoft delays Skull & Bones again and won’t show it at E3 2019

Ubisoft’s big pirate adventure, Skull & Bones, had already been delayed from its original launch in 2018, and it looks like it won’t be out in 2019, either. The game’s just gotten another official delay alongside Ubisoft’s latest financial reports, and it won’t be out until after the end of the company’s new fiscal year – which means no sooner than March 2020.

Beyond the Skull & Bones release date getting pushed back, we won’t see the game at E3 this year. In a video posted to Twitter, producer Karl Luhe tells fans to “rest assured that we are working as hard as ever to make sure the game is going to be as great as possible, and quality remains our number one focus.”

Those are pretty much the sentiments you’d expect around a high-profile game delay, and hopefully the extra development time will help make the final game better. Luhe concludes his message by saying “We will be back as soon as we can with exciting new updates.”

In today’s earnings call, Ubisoft chief Yves Guillemot says he expects Skull & Bones to be a “great seller” (via DomsPlaying on Twitter). He says the delay is about giving an ambitious new IP time to fulfill its potential.

You can see Luhe’s message in full above.

Read more: Stay current on the biggest upcoming PC games

Ubisoft’s E3 2019 press conference will broadcast in its usual afternoon slot on Monday, June 10 before the show floor opens. We will, as always, bring you all the news from the show as it happens – just don’t expect much on Skull & Bones.