Ahead of its big multiplayer reveal stream at EA Play tomorrow, EA have released details on the pre-order bonuses for Star Wars Battlefront 2. Along with early access to the multiplayer beta, pre-order customers also get a super-powered Star Card for Jedi master Yoda and other bonuses.
All wings report in. Here’s everything we know about Battlefront 2.
Available sometime in autumn (presumably before November), EA plan to host a multiplayer beta for Star Wars Battlefront 2. If you pre-order the beta, players will not only gain early access to this testing period, but they’ll get a handful of special Battlefront 2 goodies. These include:
- An upgraded Epic Lightsaber Mastery Star Card for Yoda
- Exclusive Star Wars: The Last Jedi outfits for Kylo Ren and Rey
- Instant access to six hero and starfighter epic Star Cards
- Kylo Ren: Power Reach and Solid Freeze
- Rey: Far Sight and Deep Mind
- Starfighters: Enhanced Auxiliary Power and First Order ship upgrade
- Instant access to Star Wars: The Last Jedi Millennium Falcon with updated sounds and appearance
According to EA, this content will be available for “anyone who pre-order,s” but they don’t make it clear if the Last Jedi outfits for Kylo and Rey are unlockable in-game. If you pre-order the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition of Battlefront 2, you’ll get everything previously listed, alongside access to the full game three days before everyone else and “upgraded versions of all four trooper classes.”
That last bonus sounds the most controversial, as those who pre-order the most expensive edition of Battlefront 2 will start off with a clear advantage, compared to normal players. When you consider that those who pre-order the Deluxe Edition already get access to the game three days before everyone else, Stormtroopers with deep pockets can pay for a substantial power boost in the early days of Battlefront 2.
Expect tons of Battlefront 2 news to come out of EA Play and the special gameplay livestream tomorrow, so keep your targeting computers locked on PCGamesN.