The nostalgic roguelike shooter Strafe has got its first patch. Generally speaking, the game that threatened to melt your face in its extreme marketing is going easier on you: fall damage is reduced and requires a bigger drop to trigger at all; self-damage has been removed from the primary fire of three of your guns; and enemies should be easier to see and hear.
Intrigued? If you’d like our thoughts before making a purchase, here’s our Strafe review.
Here’s a full rundown of the changes:
- Increased the height that triggers fall damage
- Halved the fall damage
- Increased health in first zone (Icarus)
- Increased range of FOV (60-120)
- Fixed issue disallowing certain systems from using all available resolutions
- Weapon sounds are louder
- Fixed bug with weapon inventory
- Fixed problems with level geometry that could cause players to get stuck
- Fixed bug causing a secret gun to not fire
- Fixed bug causing secret gun to rarely not appear
- Raised and lowered the extremes on mouse sensitivity
- Fixed issues that could cause all enemies to freeze
- Removed self damage from three of the player’s primary fire (Flak, Rebound, LMG)
- Fixed volume of music in zone 3 (The Burbs)
- Adjusted audio mixer to a better balance
- Adjusted some audio to have better spatialization
- Fixed bug that stopped some enemies from making their sound effects as intended
- Glowbrite pursue sounds
- Turret footsteps have better proximity
- Carrier footsteps sounds
- Adjustment to Glutton proximity alert
- Fixed bug that stopped item descriptions from showing in the merchant
- Fixed bug that stopped the player from navigating the inventory with the mouse
- Improved reliability for some minor secret activations
- Fixed in game achievement tracking from showing the correct achievement
Here’s the announcement on Steam. Developers Pixel Titans say they’re “aiming to have the next one up in a couple days”, so if you’ve had an issue that’s not addressed here, don’t worry; they’re jumping aggressively on those troublesome launch bugs.
Strafe launched this week. You can pick it up on Steamfor £14.99 ($19.96 US).