Capcom have announced a free week of their fighting game Street Fighter V, in which Steam users will be able to test a range of new features coming to the game’s Capcom Fighters Network (CFN) online experience.
Share the violence in the best multiplayer games on PC.
The free week starts on Tuesday March 28 at 21:00 GMT, or 13:00 PST, and will run until Monday April 3 at 20:00 GMT or 12:00 PST. It’s limited to Steam and will only feature online game modes, but all available characters - including the recently-released Kolin - will be unlocked for play.
Here’s a list of the new features you’ll get to try:
- Matchmaking improvements - it should take less time to find an opponent online now, and new logic should keep you from being matched with the same opponent too frequently.
- Match loading times - there will be a shorter transition when going into a ranked or casual match.
- Interactive timeline - on the new CFN home menu, a live feed of friends' activities will be presented on an interactive timeline. Using the timeline, you can add a recent match to your replay list, view a fighter profile, and manage your friends.
- Friend management - you can now favourite and blacklist friends, or follow them on CFN.
- Rage quit penalty system - special icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections to indicate they may be rage quitters. Matchmaking logic will take this behaviour into account, and rage quitters will be matched together.
- Training mode user settings - training mode settings will be saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.
- Battle lounge country flags - national flags will appear in battle lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
- In-Game stat announcements - the in-game announcer will provide players with stats using data pulled from the server
- Fighter profile stats - more detailed stats will be tracked on fighter profiles
Street Fighter V is on Steam here. That'll be the place to be on Tuesday if you'd like to have a bang on the trial.