Has Survarium been developed backwards? Inside-out and topsy-turvy? It rather feels that way, when the minds behind S.T.A.L.K.E.R. have spent nearly two years testing straightforward PvP and not the MMOFPS component that so compelled in the original pitch.
That DayZ-like survival map will eventually come to Survarium as freeplay mode, Vostok explained a month ago. In the meantime, big change has come to the competitive multiplayer that already exists.
Ammo’s a bit of an odd one in this free-to-play FPS. Previously, a concept of storage defined the max amount of ammo you could carry into battle. That’s gone with today’s update 0.27a.
Now there’s simply a limit on how many rounds you can keep in your backpack. The cost of the cartridges you’ve emptied is deducted after the match has finished – and if there’s a negative balance on your account, you’ll only be able to fight using free equipment.
“Due to this change we automatically sold all cartridges that have already been purchased by the players for the purchase price,” said Vostok.
Elsewhere, there’s a full golf bag’s worth of new weapons, a more informative UI, graphics upgrades and a new mode – in which two teams fight for control of mobile research units. You’ll find full patch notes over the page.
Have you been playing Survarium in beta? Or are you holding out for the bi-hourly storms and anomalies?
- Added new game mode – “Research”;
- Changed factions missions system. Now players are offered three random missions a day. Received the award depends on the medal player got for completing a mission: bronze, silver or gold;
- Added rewards for successful actions in battle;
- Changed the amount of experience, reputation and silver given to the player for actions in battle;
- Added the ability to select the desired game mode for random battles;
- Bonus for achieving first three wins in a day removed from the game;
- Added a bleeding effect to critical damage of the torso;
- Gunshot wounds and traps can cause bleeding, the chance depends on worn equipment and type of ammunition;
- Now equipment can have a random modifier “protection from bleeding”;
- Onyx Artifact: the force of the active effect reduced from 95% to 50% damage absorption;
- Reduced damage drop over distance for all sniper weapons;
- Reduced chance of critical failure by maintaining low wear on player’s equipment;
- Changed the mechanics of piercing of surfaces: now the chance of piercing and damage depends on the angle of entry of the bullet;
- Changed damage and armor-piercing modifiers for ammo to balance the change in the mechanics of piercing;
- Revised the formula for calculating the chance of finding an item during Team Deathmatch;
- Repair cost increased to 20% of the base value of the item;
- Equipment sale cost in the shop is reduced to 15% of the base value of the item;
- Now repair cost and sale price of an item depends on the number of positive modifiers.
Equipment and weapons
- Added new premium shotgun NeoStead 2000,AK-74U “Corsair”, AK-74N ’82 , AKM ’65, Vepr-12 Molot, AK-12 M1, SKS-MF, Vepr “Wanderer”, ” Saiga-12C, the VSK-94 “Guardian”;
- Added new types of medicines;
- Purchase of ammunition no longer requires reputation, all types of ammunition are available immediately;
- VSS: distance increased to 100;
- IZH-27 Lancaster: damage increased to 110, aiming increased to 0.35;
- SOCOM 16: damage reduced to 75, fire rate reduced to 250, magazine size increased to 20;
- SR-3M Vikhr: magazine size increased to 30;
- SOCOM moved to the 13th level of equipment;
- A Scavengers’ chemical protection set moved to equipment tier 3 and now requires “Experienced” rank of reputation;
- Antitoxin is now available for sale only at The Fringe Settlers’;
- PP-19-01 “Vityaz” moved to 5th level of equipment. Damage increased to 45;
- The Renaissance Army’s assault armor set moved to 10th level of equipment and now requires the rank of “Warrant Officer”;
- The Fringe Settlers’ stalker armor set moved to 10th level of equipment and now requires the rank “Devoted”;
- Due to the change in level of equipment the basic cost of some items also changed
- AKS-74U: damage reduced to 45;
- The Fringe Settlers:
- New weapon: Saiga-12 (12 level);
- SKS: damage reduced to 60;
- ASH-12: fire rate increased to 600, stopping power increased to 80%;
- 9A-91: distance increased to 50;
- Bulletproof Vest “Pilgrim”: added pockets capacity +2;
- Pants “Pilgrim”: slot for items replaced with artifact container, modifier added to reduce power consumption;
- The Renaissance Army
- New weapon: PKP Pecheneg (15 level);
- New weapon: Vepr-12 (12 level);
- New weapon: SOK-94 (level 6);
- AK-12: damage reduced to 50, marksmanship to 40
- Added a percentage display of the General state of health;
- Added a window that displays the distribution of weapons and equipment on the reputation levels of the groups;
- Removed display of ammunition from shop and storage;
- Now when accomplishing actions that reward experience, reputation or money in battle, the player will receive a short text message (can be disabled in the game settings);
- Added display of how much experience and reputation you need to get the next level in the results window of the battle
- Fixed numerous resync issues and crashes.