Building forts was one of my favourite pastimes as a child, whether it be made from cardboard boxes or makeshift wood. It seems the devs over at 11 Bit Studios share that same pastime too, because their survival game, This War of Mine, is about to include a treehouse for your war worn survivors to take refuge.
Update 1.2 will introduce a new shelter to the game, which includes the lofty fort in the back garden. It will also allow you to pick your starting survivors, if that’s a thing you fancy.
The new shelter is located in a more remote part of the city; closer to the outskirts and away from the most horrific devastation. You’ll have a chance to spawn inside the new shelter on any new game after the update.
If you’ve played the game at least once, you’ll find a new ability to cherry pick your starting survivors. Maybe you have a grudge on one that legged it with all your stuff, or maybe you really need that character who’s good at cooking.
There’s a few more tweaks and changes, and we’ve got them all on the next page for you to take a gander at.
Fixes and balancing:
– Fixed screen resolution and refresh rate detection problem, which caused black screen and / or computer freeze on Windows
– Fixed black screen issue on Linux and OSX 10.6.8
– Improved game stability based on crashdumps sent by players
– Fixed a bug with blocked container icons in the shelter
– Fixed a bug with blocked access to crafting menu (icon disappearing or not responding)
– Fixed a bug with the civilian becoming stuck in cover after being shot
– Fixed a bug with wrong number of civilians in the shelter simultaneously
– Extremely exhausted civilian will now lay on the floor instead of standing blocked after returning from scavenge
– The civilian who went to help neighbours on the last day of the war will now have a proper description in the epilogue
– Crafting cancel will return some of the resources now
– Civilians or NPCs should no longer pass through closed doors during a fight
– Eating Raw Food and Vegetables together is now equal to eating a cooked meal or canned food
– Quality Rollups price was fixed