WoW Shadowlands’ release date is just around the corner, bringing with it an increased level cap, new areas, and several Covenants to choose from. But first, Blizzard wants you to decide what the MMORPG’s next mount will be.
While you sadly can’t submit your own ideas, the developers over at Blizzard are letting you cast your vote for any one of five new mounts to appear in the expansion. The descriptions don’t come with any concept art to help you pick, but paint a fine enough picture to know what you’re potentially in for, from Nerubian spider-men, to a chunky caterpillar, or even a flying book.
You don’t have too long to vote, however, with the polls closing on September 18 at 21:00 BST / 22:00 CEST / 15:00 PDT / 18:00 EDT. The mount with the highest number of votes worldwide will be declared the winner, but it’s best to stick to your own region when choosing as Blizzard will also be tallying results to determine local fan favourites. Head over to the EU or US forums to vote, and may the best mount win!
Check out Blizzard’s descriptions below to see which mount takes your fancy:
- Wandering Ancient – Not all ancients are interested in war or lore, some just want to travel the world! A large and leafy mount, the Wandering Ancient invites you to climb aboard and grab a hold of its branches as you embark on a lumbering expedition.
- Soaring Spelltome – In the forgotten depths of the Dalaran library, this oversized tome was found flapping madly around the room. Open the pages of this arcane-infused book and hitch a ride to magical adventure.
- Nerubian Swarmer – When the Helm of Domination shattered, the Nerubians under the control of the Lich King were unleashed. Some were captured by the Argent Crusade and turned by their allies in the Ebon Blade. Now their spidery claws are put to use as mounts, skittering through the frozen tundra of Icecrown in pursuit of the rampaging undead.
- Curious Caterpillar – A curious caterpillar found its way to the Heartland in the Valley of the Four Winds one night and gorged itself on the oversized vegetables. The Pandaren of Halfhill awoke the next morning to find the crops half-eaten and an enormous, slumbering caterpillar among them. Too large to become a butterfly, this friendly worm is just the right size to train as a mount.
- Gooey Slimesaber – From the slime pools of Plaguefall emerged all manner of jellied creature, including this sticky kitty. A slimy saber cat that’s dripping with ooze, it’s the kind of mount that you’re going to want to wear gloves for.
The mount will serve as a token of appreciation to all that have supported World of Warcraft by purchasing Shadowlands, granted as a free gift. If all goes according to plan, the winning mount should appear in the Mount Collection tab at the beginning of 2021.