Call of Duty: Modern Warfare‘s January 28 update is live, bringing new modes, weapon fixes, and more. The patch notes, which you can read below, detail all the changes to the FPS game’s multiplayer portion.
Firstly, Deathmatch Domination, a hybrid of those two individual modes, is now available. Activision says the mode is “an epic mashup that rewards players for getting kills and playing the objective.” Gunfight Custom is another new twist – the variant is the same 2v2 game type we’ve become accustomed to, except now you can take custom loadouts into a match, rather than relying on whatever you happen to be given at the start of a round.
Changes to playlists mean Winter Docks is now gone after its winter residency, while Capture the Flag is available in the Quick Play filter. Shipment 24/7 also returns, replacing Shoot the Ship.
When it comes to balance changes, the MP5 and M4A1 have been nerfed, while the M13 has been buffed. Finally, this update solves the issue plaguing Ground War where players could sneak underneath the map. Take a look at the full patch notes below, via developer Infinity Ward.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare January 28 patch notes
- Added Deathmatch Domination
- Added Gunfight Custom
- Shipment 24/7 is back (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed