Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been met with a positive critical reception, but one thing players have found a little disappointing is the game’s selection of maps. While there are 19 multiplayer maps in total, only ten of those are available in standard game modes, with the rest reserved for the smaller (Gun Fight) or larger (Ground War) match types.
Now, however, there is some hope for those wanting more maps in Modern Warfare. A datamine has revealed there are 38 potential new maps listed in the game’s files, including some fan favourites from the original Modern Warfare trilogy.
Reddit user Senescallo lists the 38 map names with some accompanying images. Maps of note include Call of Duty 4‘s Crash and Shipment, Modern Warfare 2‘s Sub Base and Rust, and one named Stadium – a possible remake of a Black Ops map.
In a separate datamine, Call of Duty fansite CharlieIntel has uncovered some possible new modes. Classic game types such as Demolition, Gun Game, Infected, and Capture the Flag could make a comeback, it seems, while there are also descriptions for new modes such as Fire Mission and Rupture. You can see the full list of maps and modes leaked in the datamines below.
It’s worth noting that these maps and modes might not necessarily end up in the game – some developers simply hedge their bets by putting placeholders in game files, and plans can also change – but their existence is at least encouraging for those struggling with the game’s current map rotation.
The game has been both a critical and commercial success, making over $600 million in its first three days on sale and earning an 8/10 in our own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare review. Since then, however, it has run into some issues, such as broken spawn points and a new mode being disabled just hours after it went live. Additionally, Modern Warfare’s Highway of Death scene has caused some controversy, leading the game’s narrative director to speak out against the criticism.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – New Maps
- Cage (mp_m_cage)
- Cargo (mp_m_cargo)
- Hook (mp_m_hook)
- Exclusion Zone (mp_m_exclusion)
- Shoot House (mp_m_speed)
6v6 / 10v10
- Aniyah Tac (mp_aniyah_tac)
- Crash (mp_crash2)
- Dam (mp_dam)
- Krovnik Farmland (mp_farms2)
- Gulag (mp_gulag)
- Hospital (mp_hospital)
- Layover (mp_layover)
- Lowline (mp_lowline)
- Lumber (mp_lumber)
- Malyshev (mp_malyshev)
- Milbase (mp_millbase)
- Oasis (mp_oasis)
- Port (mp_port2)
- Prison (mp_prison)
- Rivne (mp_rivne)
- Shipment (mp_shipment)
- Shipmight (Day) (mp_shipment_am)
- Shipment (Night) (mp_shipment_pm)
- Slums (mp_slums)
- Stadium (mp_stadium)
- Sub Base (mp_subbase_lm)
- Super (mp_super)
- Urzikstan (mp_syrkistan)
- Torez (mp_torez)
- Transit (mp_transit)
- TV Station (mp_tvstation)
- Faridah (mp_faridah)
- Rust (mp_rust)
- Takedown (mp_takedown)
- Borderline (mp_borderline)
- Smetna Farms (mp_farms2_gw)
- Gun Course (mp_t_gun_course)
- Marksman Range (mp_t_sn_reflex)
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE – NEW Modes
- Showdown (+ Hardcore) (gametype_showdown)
- Onslaught (gametype_onslaught)
- Incursion (gametype_incursion)
- Fireteam (+ Hardcore) (gametype_fireteam)
- Breach (gametype_breach)
- Arms Race (+ Hardcore) (gametype_arm)
- Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg): Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce (gametype_siege): Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Rupture (gametype_rugby): Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy’s base to win.
- One in the Chamber (gametype_oic): Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz): Take your team’s flag into the enemy team’s base.
- Infected (gametype_infect): Eliminated Survivors become Infected.
- Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- High Value Target (gametype_hvt): Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Gun Game (gametype_gun): Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Grind (gametype_grind): Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone): Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Demolition (gametype_demo): Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Defender (gametype_tdef): Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search and Rescue (gametype_sr): Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf): Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
- Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm): Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault (gametype_assault): Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
- All or Nothing (gametype_aon): Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.