Everyone has a best feature, but we’d like PCGamesN’s to be the next one you write or commission for us. As Features Editor you’ll be joining an extremely talented team, working with our staff writer to help create and shape the website’s features and review output from our offices in Bath.
This is a senior role, and so we’re looking for passionate, experienced applicants who are as comfortable navigating the PC gaming landscape as they are writing a commission. You’ll be able to write sparkling, charismatic copy – and help others to do the same – about any topic, and will have a keen eye for detail.
You’ll be able to rapidly produce, commission, and edit hot-topic op-eds, community deep dives, and insightful reviews, and you’ll be confident in encouraging the rest of the team to pitch ideas. You’ll also be comfortable appearing on camera now and again, and be a passionate Oxford comma adherent.
As well as our in-house team, you’ll work with our trusted pool of freelancers, and introduce new writers into the fold. Ideally, you’ll bring with you a bulging black book of industry contacts.
Beyond the confines of our very comfortable PCGN house, you’ll attend and help to organise GDC, E3, Gamescom, and other coverage events, and you’ll work closely with the site editor and team leaders throughout to ensure that PCGamesN’s output is always world-class. Most importantly of all, you’ll be a good egg.
Location: Bath, UK.
Application deadline: February 22, 2019
- Overseeing PCGN’s features and reviews output
- Writing, commissioning, and working with our existing team to produce excellent copy
- Editing copy, both in-house and commissioned
- Ensuring features are correctly formatted and added to the CMS
- Keeping in touch with developers, publishers, and PRs
- Working closely with other teams to coordinate coverage
- Organising and attending press trips and conferences, including internationally
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to quickly write engaging, exceptional copy
- Excellent communication
- A keen eye for detail and an inhuman respect for our style guide
- A strong interest in PC games and a good knowledge of them
- Previous experience on a major magazine or website
- CMS experience
- Proficiency with gdocs, email, and other work tools
- Proactivity and excellent organisation
- A Steam account, an Epic Store account, a Uplay accou… oh, look, you just need to play a lot of PC games, okay?
Desirable skills and experience:
- Management experience
- SEO knowledge
To apply please send your CV, covering letter, and writing samples to [email protected], using the subject line: ‘Features Editor Application‘. We look forward to hearing from you.