Everything I know about American Football, I learned from Twitter. So I know very little besides the teams the folk I follow support and that it turns otherwise sane people into angry, emotional maniacs. So it’s a lot like any sports with the words “foot” and “ball”.
Out of the Park Developments is working on an NFL management sim, Beyond the Sideline Football, using tech like FaceGen and customisable leagues. Over here in Blighty Football Manager is something of a terrible addiction among a lot of my chums, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this sort of thing was just as popular across the Atlantic.
Check the Super Bowl World of Tanks ads
All 32 American teams will be present with their current rosters, and you can watch games play out on the field in 2D where you’ll see your strategies pay off or end in distaster.
- A realistic modern day American football experience with all current rules and regulations.
- All 32 real American football teams with their real players and current rosters.
- A 2D engine that represents all the action on the field, with the ability to call plays and watch them unfold, complete with the roar of the crowd and other sound effects.
- FaceGen support allows realistic images of all players.
- You dictate the action on the field: Set depth charts and develop strategies around your preferred style of play.
- A complete box score for every game played in the league during its history, so you can always look back on thrilling victories and agonizing defeats.
- The ability to sim decades into the future and watch teams’ fortunes rise and fall as dynasties emerge, crumble, and eventually renew themselves.
- You call the shots from the front office: Participate in the draft for your team every spring; trade players; and negotiate contracts with draft picks and free agents.
- All of the (non-playable) Division I colleges as well as many more, with real players, so you can draft the next crop of superstars every year.
- A living, breathing world full of news articles from around the league and a message system that lets you field offers from other GMs and hear what your players have to say.
- A realistic sim engine whose creation was informed by 15 years of experience developing OOTP’s sim engine
- Complete histories, including stats, transactions, injuries, and contracts, for all players who have participated in a training camp during the past decade.
- Nearly 50 tracked stats, allowing you to go beyond the usual numbers and dig deep into players’ performance.
- Each player features a Health Scan that lets you quickly assess their current situation by showing you which areas of their body are hurt, which areas are okay, and which ones are worn.
- A clear, clean interface that lets you easily find the information you need.
- Customization options, including the ability to change team names, the number of teams, the league structure, the league’s country, and a variety of settings.
You might not know this, but we play American Football in Scotland. If it’s hard to believe, just check out this classic video from the Glasgow Diamonds. This is still very much what Glasgow is like now. Just with more stabbings.
We’re here to play football. Yes. Yes, we are.