Killing Floor 2’s Incinerate ‘N Detonate update does what it says on the tin, introducing two new perks to the arsenal of the zombie-slaying survivors: Firebug and Demolitions, both of which come with new weapons and grenades, which you’ll be able to experiment with across two new maps.
Tripwire says that the update adds 50 percent more content to the Early Access title. If you’ve been holding off on checking it out, then you might want to take a peek later this week, when it will be free between September 3rd and 6th.
Here’s some of what the update adds to the game:
- 2 New Perks – Firebug and Demolitions, each with new weapons and grenades
- 2 New Maps – Evacuation Point and Catacombs
- New Weapons – More arsenal to destroy Zeds with such as the Dual 9mm Pistols
- Crossover Promotions:
- For players who own Chivalry – Playable Knight character with the Zweihander sword
- For players who own Red Orchestra 2 – Anton Strasser playable character
- NVIDIA PhysX Flex Technology – Featured for the first time ever in a game, KILLING FLOOR 2 incorporates this ground-breaking new technology (for NVIDIA GeForce 770’s and above cards)
- Berserker Skill Tree – Complete overhaul revamps the Berserker skill tree to a whole new level
- After Action Report – New system adding Team Awards, Personal Stats and Map Voting
- Map Voting allows players to vote on the next map, winning map travels to server after
- Kick Voting allows players to vote kick a player from the map
- New Achievements
- Zed Hit Zones – Allows Areas on the Zeds to have different hit effects and vulnerabilities based on different zones
- New Steam Workshop functionality
- General Fixes and Improvements:
- Audio Fixes – Huge overhaul to improve audio system
- Old map and skill tree refinements such as the Commando skill tree
Ben took the update for a spin last week, so take a look at his Incinerate ‘N Detonate impressions.