New Nvidia drivers have just appeared because, as sure as tick follows tock, one graphics card driver release will follow another. The new AMD drivers appeared late last week and, to offer total stability for today's Final Fantasy XV demo release and the early March launch of World of Tanks 1.0, team GeForce have dropped their own new software set.
A graphics cards needs the best gaming monitor to look its best.
The release notes for today’s driver unveiling also totes the 391.01 software as also providing the ‘optimal gaming experience’ for Final Fantasy XV, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Warhammer: Vermintide 2. Early performance testing by LegitReviews (they’re totally legit) suggests that you could be getting around a 5% performance boost in PUBG. That could make the difference between being and earning a chicken dinner.
Though probably won’t…
As well as the slight performance increase there are new SLI profiles for Agents of Mayhem and PixArk (who?). I’m guessing the venn diagram of people with SLI gaming rigs and the desire to play either of those games has to offer enough of an overlap to make it worth their while, or maybe there are some Nvidia engineers on staff with a penchant for both.
Oh yeah, and there are some 3D Vision profiles too. Seriously, they’re still supporting 3D Vision? I mean, good on you for putting the effort in, Nvidia, but you surely can leave the 3D folk alone now.
Fixed Issues in this Release
- BeamNG - Dynamic reflections flicker in the game.
- Call of Duty WWII - Flickering shadows occur in the game.
- NvfbcPluginWindow prevents Windows from shutting down.
- Booting from a cold boot results in black screen on a multi-monitor system.
- 3DVision - System shutdown time increases when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
- NVIDIA Control Panel - The Display->Adjust desktop color settings->Content type setting is reset to “Auto-selected” after rebooting the system.
- GeForce GTX 980/1080 Ti - OpenGL program may crash when trying to map a buffer object.
- GeForce GTX 965M - Drop in GPU performance occurs.
Existing Windows 10 Issues
- NVIDIA TITAN V G-Sync - G-Sync displays may go blank when switching between different overclocked memory clocks multiple times. Aww, poor you.
- SLI GeForce GTX 780 Ti - There is no display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors.
- GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based) - The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripper-enabled motherboard.
- Pascal GPUs | Gears of War 4 - Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game.
- GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Doom - The game crashes due to the driver reverting to OpenGL 1.1 when HDR is enabled.