Smite has now been released. Try the game for free here, check our Smite guide and our Smite review.
Developer Hi-Rez have announced the 31st deity who will join Smite’s pantheon. Poseidon will take his place amongst the gods after the free-to-play MOBA is patched tomorrow.
The god of the sea’s abilities include a deadly whirlpool and the even more deadly Kraken, both of which he’s quite happy to call forth on land. Click through for a breakdown of his powers and a video of the god doing godly things like, well, smiting.
So, exactly what does the god of the seas have at his disposal? Well:
- That Whirlpool is going to be rather useful, as it pulls targets towards its centre while dealing magical damage.
- Then there’s the Tidal Surge, which sends a wave of water dead ahead, damaging and pushing back any enemies that it makes contact with.
- Poseidon’s Trident will increase his movement speed and also triple his basic attack, making it a useful offensive or defensive power.
- Changing Tides is his passive power, which increases his movement speed and also does additional damage according to the god’s tide level something that increases every time he scores a successful hit with his basic attack.
- Finally, Release the Kraken does exactly what you might think, summoning a great sea creature out of the ground to both damage and stun anyone caught in its radius. Meanwhile, enemies who fall within the wider circle of the Kraken’s influence are slowed.
Here’s a video of all these powers in action:
Smite has now been released.Try the game for free here, check ourSmite guideand ourSmite review.