Quake Champions, id Software’s free-to-play multiplayer shooter, is about to leave closed beta, which means that it will enter Early Access on August 22. You’ll be able to grab it on Steam and through the Bethesda.net launcher. The Early Access version will include a bunch of new features, not least of which is the addition of Doomguy.
Got a gun fetish? Here are the best FPS games on PC.
Despite the fact that Quake Champions is going to be free-to-play, you’ll need to splash out on the Champions Pack to enjoy the Early Access version. This will include alll 11 current Champions, including Ranger, Visor, Scalebearer, Nyx, Anarki, Clutch, Sorlag, Galena, Slash, BJ Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein, Doomguy, and all future champions due out before the end of 2018. Loot chests and special Early Access skin for Ranger will also be included. It will set you back £19.99, discounted from the final retail price of £29.99.
If you’ve been playing in the closed beta, you’ll still be able to play for free, but only via the Bethesda.net launcher. New players will have to wait or shell out some cash.
Here’s what the Early Access version is adding:
- Two New Maps: Church of Azathoth and Tempest Shrine
- The New Champion: DOOM Slayer
- Rune Challenges: Players will be rewarded for completing new Rune Challenges found in backpacks
- Lore System: Players will find Lore Items hidden throughout Arenas in vases. By collecting all 10 Lore Items for a specific Champion, they
- will unlock that Champion’s high-end Lore Skin
- Improved New Player Onboarding: New features to help get fresh fraggers up to speed include a movement tutorial, shooting gallery, and
- the ability to choose a skill level
- New Customization Options: New options include new Champion skin sets and weapon shaders
- In-Game Voice Chat