Though the Redkit mod tool from the first two Witcher games was more versatile, CD Projekt Red have are taking steps to close that gap. This comes after Marcin Momot said last month that the company had no more plans to increase mod support in the future.
The current mod support has been fine, of course, with some people using the tools to create some brilliant stuff. Here are the best mods for The Witcher 3 so far.
However, a new update to the Modkit that will allow modders to alter and add textures is "right around the corner", according to Momot's forum post.
Here is the full list of changes the update will bring:
- Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when uncooking the game.
- Added the abilty to mod textures from the textures array.
- Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path.
- Cleaned up wcc_lite output log.
- Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorrectly. Now imported textures which name ends with "_n" and "_s" will be assigned to proper categories.
- It is now possible to add new textures using mods.
- Several fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio.
I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to watching pink-haired Geralt waving a lightsaber around.