The Witcher 3 will update with the 1.05 patch in a couple of days. The patch was originally designed to address an XP glitch that arose last week in the wake of the previous patch, but now also fixes a whole host of other niggles you may well have encountered in your monster-hunting adventures.
Want more Witcher 3? Here are the best Witcher 3 mods.
The XP bug prevents players earning experience points for quests that are too far below Geralt’s character level. Apparently this doesn’t have too much of an impact on the wider game balance, and players will still be able to finish the game with a Geralt at the right character level even if he does miss out on this chunk of XP. But the problem is fixed in this patch.
Alongside that, other problems remedied by the 1.05 patch are:
- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.
The final list of patch details is expected to contain a lot more fixes and tweaks, too. Current ETA is today or Wednesday.
Thanks, PC Gamer.