June 16, 2023 Four new console commands added from the latest patch, including “tombstone” and changes to God mode.
How do you use Valheim console commands? If you want to become an all-powerful being on your very own server, or speed up the process when building multiple structures, console commands – or cheats – can save you a lot of time.
These console commands in Valheim can even be used with friends on a private Valheim server, providing you are the host. Fighting trolls is tough no matter how far you are into the survival game, but God mode prevents your party from getting below one health point regardless of how powerful your enemies are. There are also Valheim cheats and console commands for spawning items, kicking unwanted players, and unlocking the whole map, and we’ve included them all below for anyone running their own public server.
Using Valheim console commands
Valheim console commands can be entered at any time in-game by pressing F5 on your keyboard to open the console. By default, the only commands that work right off the bat are the server commands. It’s important to note that only the server host has access to the console. Guests are unable to use any of these commands unless they’ve been promoted to admin status.
You can find all the server commands by typing ‘help’ into the console. This should bring up a list of all the options available when it comes to kicking, banning, and unbanning players on your server.
To access the cheat console commands, you need to type ‘imacheater’ into the console. Typing ‘help’ once more into the console will display a longer list of commands, this time with every cheat command. Once you’ve enabled the cheat console commands, you will have to enter ‘imacheater’ again to disable them.
Valheim console commands
- ban [name/ip/userID]
- itemset [itemset] [level] – e.g. “itemset meadows 4” overrides all meadows items to level 4
- kick [name/ip/userID]
- lodbias [0-5]
- unban [name/ip/userID]
- dpsdebug – toggle dps debug print
- env [env]
- event [name] – start event
- exploremap – explore entire map
- ffsmooth – freefly smoothness
- freefly – freefly photo mode
- goto [x,z] – teleport
- killall – kill nearby enemies
- location – spawn location
- players [nr] – force difficult scale (0 = reset)
- pos – print current player position
- raise skill [skill] [amount]
- removedrops – remove all item-drops in area
- resetcharacter – reset character data
- resetkeys [name]
- resetmap – reset map exploration
- resetskill [skill]
- resetworldkeys – resets world modifiers to default
- setworldpreset – sets world modifiers to a named preset
- save – force saving of world
- setkey [name]
- stopevent – stop current event
- setworldmodifier – sets a world modifier value
- tame – tame all nearby tamable animals
- tod -1 OR [0-1]
- tombstone – creates a tombstone
- wind [angle] [intensity]
Valheim spawn items
Enabling cheats in the console also gives you the ability to spawn any item in the game. Type spawn [item] [quantity] [level] into the console to have the item spawn in front of you. These items can range from pieces of armor, all the way to pre-leveled enemies. Here’s a tiny example of the items you can spawn:
Redditor /u/Demogrim has compiled a list of every single item you can spawn in the game – we highly recommend checking out their frequently updated list. It’s important to note that every command must be
And that’s all there is to know about Valheim’s console commands, including the latest additions. We get it, it can be tempting to blast through the tedious parts of a survival game. If you’ve read our Valheim beginner’s guide and you still aren’t having fun, or maybe you’ve already defeated all five Valheim bosses or want to tackle the Viking game with or without cheats, it’s worth reading our Valheim progression guide to help you through.