Official XCOM 2 mod makers and community superheroes Long War Studios have released their latest mod pack for Firaxis hyper-successful and hyper-good anti-alien propaganda/tactical combat game. The latest pair of optional add-ons provide a new tier of laser weaponry, based on and inspired by the ones present in Enemy Unknown, along with a system redesign that adds a third perk option on every level-up and increases the total class count to seven.
For more on that theme here’s the best XCOM 2 mods out there.
Here’s the details, first on the laser beams:
- Adds a new laser tier of XCOM weaponry, which includes a new variant for the assault rifle, shotgun, cannon, sniper rifle, pistol and SMG, plus all attachments
- Mod includes models, textures, particle effects and sounds
- Tier exists between magnetic and beam tiers, with two new technologies
I both missed the red death-beam provider personally, and in my playthrough felt like there was something missing between those two tiers – the wait was long, and the power differential massive between the two.
Meanwhile, here’s what the perk pack gives:
- Choice of three perks per promotion rank instead of two
- More than 70 new and reworked Abilities that can be assigned to soldiers, gear or aliens
- Reworks the four base classes into seven, including the assault, gunner and shinobi, or create your own class
- Adds ten new PCS items, each granting a unique ability
- Support for more than 15 active abilities in the tactical UI