When is the next Dead by Daylight update? Seven years into the life of the popular asymmetrical horror game, many of our horror favorites have been engulfed by The Fog, from Michael Myers and Ghostface, to Silent Hill’s Cheryl Mason and even Nic Cage. So who’s next to walk into DBD’s realms?
With around four new chapters a year, it’s a wonder the team at Behaviour are able to come up with new perks and powers for the new DBD killers and survivors. Somehow they do, and the 2023 Dead by Daylight roadmap confirms a total of nine new characters for year eight, including the original killer The Singularity, shock survivor Nic Cage, and the tiny killers coming in Chapter 30. Once you’ve taken a look at what to expect from the next DBD update release date, make sure you’ve redeemed the latest DBD codes for Bloodpoints and cosmetics.
When does Chucky come to DBD?
The Dead by Daylight Chapter 30: Chucky release date is Tuesday, November 28, 2023, when new killers, Chucky and Tiffany scamper in. The update will be available in-game at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm GMT.
Technically, there are not two new killers coming in this new update, but Tiffany accompanies Chucky into the game as a skin for the killer. That said, both are voiced by their original movie actors with some incredibly funny voice lines, so it feels like there are two new killers to play with.
The Chucky reveal came later than expected due to the Haunted by Daylight event and long-awaited return of the Stranger Things DLC. Originally teased on Twitter with the silhouette of a chef’s knife over an image of a magnetic knife rack, the new chapter was unravelled incredibly quickly by an eagle-eyed horror fan on Reddit.
Dead By Daylight Chucky chapter details
Original voice actors Brad Dourif and Jennifer Tilly return to their iconic roles for their turn in the horror game, as Behaviour capitalize on the popularity of Nic Cage’s voice lines. The experience of playing as one of the killer dolls is make infinitely more hilarious by Chucky’s foul-mouthed insults. That said, Chucky’s power and abilities are fantastic on their own, and the way the tiny character has been worked to fit in with DBD gameplay sees a return to form for Behaviour, and this is possibly their best new character yet.
There is no new map or survivor in Chapter 30, but the Hawkins map recently made a return as the Stranger Things DLC returned to the game on November 6, AKA Stranger Things Day. If you weren’t lucky enough to already own the DLC, you can now purchase The Demogorgon, Nancy Wheeler, and Steve Harrington, so there’s loads of new content this month.
Killer: The Good Guy (or The Good Gal!)
Chucky’s killer perks are:
- Friends ‘Til the End: When you hook a survivor that is not the Obsession, the Obsession becomes Exposed for up to 20 seconds and reveals their aura for up to ten seconds.
When you hook the Obsession, another random survivor screams, revealing their position. They then become the Obsession.
- Batteries Included: When within up to 12 meters of a completed generator, you gain up to 5% haste. This speed bonus lingers for up to five seconds after leaving the generator’s range.
- Hex: Two Can Play: If there is no totem already associated with Two Can Play, a dull totem is converted into a Hex totem when you are blinded or stunned two times by any survivor.
When there is a Hex Totem associated with Two Can Play, any survivor who stuns or blinds you is blinded for up to 1.5 seconds. This last as long as the totem remains standing.
Chucky’s killer power is Playtime’s Over, which allows the little guy to ebcome undetectable and gain an incredible speed boost. If you, like us, were worried about such a small character being pretty undetectable already, then you might be terrified of the prospect of him actually gaining the undetectable status. However, in practice, this power works perfectly, with Slice and Dice being perhaps the only part of the killer power that could be nerfed.
Hidey-Ho Mode is the first plat of Chucky’s Playtime’s Over power. Once charged, Chucky can enter Hidey-Ho mode, making him undetectable. At the same time, cute, white footprints and the sound of little feet can be heard across the map, disorienting the survivors. That said, as a survivor, once you see or hear these footsteps, you know Chucky is undetectable, so you can counterplay this by being extra alert and keeping an eye out for him scampering around.
While in Hidey-Ho Mode, Chucky can then utilize Slice and Dice, an incredibly powerful dash which ends with a slash of his weapon. This can injure or down a survivor from quite a distance, similar to the Demogorgon’s Shred or The Hillbilly’s Chainsaw Sprint. While in a Slice and Dice dash, Chucky can also perform a scamper through a window or under a dropped pallet in pursuit of a survivor without losing his dash – but only if they vault first.
Finally, Scamper can also be used at any time in Hidey-Ho mode, allowing the little monster to deal with windows and pallets like other killers.
Dead by Daylight release schedule
Upcoming Dead by Daylight chapters
According to the year 8 roadmap, the next Chapter will be a full chapter with a killer, a survivor, and presumably a new map. There is another surprise survivor release scheduled for January 2024 as well (we’ve got our money on Bruce Dickinson or Corey Taylor).
Previous DBD update release dates
- Chapter 29: Alien – Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Nicolas Cage – Tuesday, July 25, 2023
- CHAPTER 28: End Transmission – Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- CHAPTER 27: Tools of Torment – Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- CHAPTER 26: Forged in Fog – Tuesday, November 22, 2022
- CHAPTER 25: Resident Evil: PROJECT W – Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- CHAPTER 24: Roots of Dread – Tuesday, June 7, 2022
- CHAPTER 23: Sadako Rising – Tuesday, March 8, 2022
- CHAPTER 22: Portrait of a Murder – Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- CHAPTER 21: Hellraiser – Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- CHAPTER 20: Resident Evil – Tuesday, June 15, 2021
- CHAPTER 19: All-Kill – Tuesday, March 30, 2021
- CHAPTER 18: A Binding of Kin – Tuesday, December 1, 2020
- CHAPTER 17: Descend Beyond – Tuesday, September 8, 2020
- CHAPTER 16: Silent Hill – Tuesday, June 16, 2020
- CHAPTER 15: Chains of Hate – Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- CHAPTER 14: Cursed Legacy – Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- CHAPTER 13: Stranger Things – Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- CHAPTER 12: Ghost Face – Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- CHAPTER 11: Demise of the Faithful – Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- CHAPTER 10: Darkness Among Us – Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- CHAPTER 9: Shattered Bloodline – Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- CHAPTER 8: Curtain Call – Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- CHAPTER 7: The SAW Chapter – Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- CHAPTER 6: A Nightmare on Elm Street – Thursday, October 26, 2017
- CHAPTER 5: A Lullaby for the Dark – Thursday, July 27, 2017
- CHAPTER 4: Spark of Madness – Thursday, May 11, 2017
- CHAPTER 3: Of Flesh and Mud – Thursday, December 8, 2016
- CHAPTER 2: The HALLOWEEN Chapter – Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- CHAPTER 1: The Last Breath Chapter – Thursday, August 18, 2016
If you’re anything like us, surely you’re counting down the days to the next Dead by Daylight update. While you wait, there are plenty of other horror games and survival games that deserve your attention.