August 10, 2020 The final patch notes for Final Fantasy XIV update 5.3 are here.
The Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.3 notes are here – now in full. With the countdown to the Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.3 release time fully underway, the devs have finalised all the job changes coming in this update, including notable buffs to Astrologians, Bards, and Monks, which you can see in full below. Besides the big new content for Reflections in Crystal – the new main story quests, the next Nier alliance raid, and the new Heroes’ Gauntlet dungeon – the notes also reveal several notable quality-of-life improvements.
You’ll now see a ‘Transcendent’ buff on your character when you get revived, indicating exactly how long your post-res invulnerability will last – a long-requested change. The status effects you’ve applied to enemies will now appear first in the target bar, so you can more easily keep track of your debuffs. And you can now start or abandon leve quests while riding a mount.
Whenever you complete a dungeon for the first time, you’ll get an experience point bonus. The Coincounter boss in the Aurum Vale dungeon will now telegraph its attacks with AOE indicators, which should make the encounter a bit less confusing for new players.
Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.3 job changes
Marauder / Warrior
- Beserk: The additional effect “Extends Storm’s Eye duration by 15s to a maximum of 60s” has been added.
- Mythril Tempest: The combo bonus “Extends Storm’s Eye duration by 10s to a maximum of 30s” has been changed to “Extends Storm’s Eye duration by 30s to a maximum of 60s.”
- Storm’s Eye: Now extends Storm’s Eye duration by 30s to a maximum of 60s.
- Inner Release: The additional effect “Extends Storm’s Eye duration by 15s to a maximum of 60s” has been added.
- Nascent Flash: No longer requires a target party member to execute.
- Brutal Shell: Cure potency has been increased from 150 to 200, effect duration has been increased from 10 to 30 seconds, and barrier effect can now be refreshed.
Pugilist / Monk
- Perfect Balance: Recast time has been reduced from 120 to 90 seconds.
- Form Shift: Additional effect extending the duration of Greased Lightning no longer requires Coeurl Form.
- Sidewinder: Potency when target is suffering from both Caustic Bite and Stormbite has been increased from 300 to 350.
- Refulgent: Arrow Potency has been increased from 330 to 340.
- Burst Shot: Potency has been increased from 230 to 240.
- Hypercharge Description now clearly states the Overheat effect only applies to machinist actions. (No change has been made to the effects of this action.)
- Tri-disaster: Potency has been reduced from 300 to 150.
- Succor: MP cost has been reduced from 1,300 to 1,100.
- Lightspeed: The effect “Reduces MP cost for spells by 50%” has been removed.
- Helios: MP cost has been reduced from 900 to 700.
- Benefic II: MP cost has been reduced from 900 to 700.
- Draw: The additional effect “Restores 8% of maximum MP” has been added.
- Aspected Benefic: MP cost when under the effect of Diurnal Sect has been reduced from 500 to 400, and MP cost when under the effect of Nocturnal Sect has been reduced from 900 to 700.
- Aspected Helios: MP cost has been reduced from 1,000 to 800.
- Combust II: MP cost has been reduced from 500 to 400.
- Sleeve Draw: The effect of this action has been completely revamped. Sleeve Draw now functions as follows:
- Draws a card (arcanum) from your divining deck.
- You cannot draw an arcanum if you are aligned with its Seal of Arcana. When aligned with all three seals, any arcanum may be drawn.
- Additional Effect: Restores 8% of maximum MP
- Horoscope: The healing effect can now also be triggered when the effect of Horoscope or Horoscope Helios expires.
- Neutral Sect: When Neutral Sect is executed while Nocturnal Sect is active, the healing over time effects of both Aspected Benefic and Aspected Helios can now be stacked.
Those are the highlights, but you can get the full details on the official patch site.
And if you’re wondering where you’ll go for the quests to unlock the big new features, here you go:
- In the Name of the Light (MSQ) – The Crystarium (X:12.5 Y:16.2)
- YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse – Kholusia (X:34.7 Y:18.2)
- The Sorrow of Werlyt – The Lochs (X:11.3 Y:22.5)
- O Crafter, My Crafter (new deliveries) – The Firmament (X:13.5 Y:11.2)
- It’s Dwarfin’ Time (Dwarf beast tribe) – Kholusia (X:15.7 Y:30.3)
- Fantastic Mr. Faux (Unreal trials) – Idyllshire (X:7.0 Y:5.9)
The preliminary patch notes for #FFXIV Patch 5.3 are live! Prepare yourselves for the conclusion to the Shadowbringers story!
— FINAL FANTASY XIV (@FF_XIV_EN) August 7, 2020
The full list of changes should hit with the Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.3 release date on August 11. That patch will also vastly expand FFXIV’s free trial, which will pretty much set it atop our list of the best free MMOs currently available.