Another special time-limited mode launches for Fortnite this week, turning the action even faster and deadlier. Blitz mode is now live, with shorter match times, increased loot drops, and a faster storm closing in.
Stay current on all the changes with our Fortnite update tracker.
The new mode was added as part of the 3.3 patch, but access just went live today. Here’s exactly what to expect from the mode.
- Blitz has much shorter storm times resulting in faster & more intense matches!
- Maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- Adjustments to loot availability:
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Supply Drop spawn interval lessened from 180s (+/- 30s) to 80s (+/- 20s).
- Supply Drop descent time shortened from 60s to 30s.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 100.
Epic have been experimenting regularly with various limited time modes, including 50v50 and a teams of 20 mode running as special events in the past several months. It looks like the model’s been a successful one with events continuing to happen, so don’t be surprised if you more special modes continuing to happen.
Fortnite’s still expanding further, with the recent launch of mobile versions and an expanded cross-play featureset. It’s quickly turned from merely popular to being a certified phenomenon, with even Drake getting in on the Fortnite action.