League of Legends patch 9.13 is now live on the PBE. In terms of balance, changes are pretty small so far, but there are plenty of larger changes making their way to the Rift with the next patch.
The headline is Qiyana, Empress of the Elements. The new champion is an assassin who wields a ring blade imbued with elemental powers that’ll grant her different abilities depending on whether it’s used in the brush, the river, or up against the wall. She’s far and away the biggest balance change, but tweaks to Udyr and Illaoi could be pretty chunky too. Meanwhile, Wukong and Malphite are back for more testing.
The other big change is the introduction of a brand-new game mode. Teamfight Tactics is a potentially permanent new edition to the game, inspired by the autobattler genre made famous thanks to Dota Auto Chess. The mode is likely to undergo some testing, but a ranked version is likely to make its way to the game in League of Legends patch 9.14 in a few weeks’ time.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.13 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
Downtime for League of Legends patch 9.13 begins early tomorrow morning. Maintenance will begin at 03:00 PT for NA servers, 05:00 BST for EUW, and 03:00 CEST for EUNE, and is scheduled to last for three hours.
The new patch will also usher in the Teamfight Tactics release date. An open beta for the game will begin in North America on June 26, and will roll out across other servers over the following week.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.13 BALANCE CHANGES
- Base Mana: 320
- Mana Per Level: 50
- Base MR: 32.1
- MR Per Level: 1.25
- Base AD: 64
- AD Per Level: 3.1
- Base Armor: 28
- Armor Per Level: 3.5
- Base HP: 590
- HP Per Level: 90
- HP Regen: 1.7
- HP Regen Per Level: 0.13
- Attack Speed Per Level: 2.1
- Move Speed: 335
- Attack Range: 150
- Royal Privilege (P):
- Qiyana’s first basic ability or attack to damage each enemy deals 15-83 (+55% bAD)(+30% AP) bonus physical damage.
- This effect has a 25s per target cooldown, but the cooldown resets when you cast Terrashape to gain a different weapon enchantment.”
- Edge of Ixtal (Q):
- 35 mana
- 5 second cooldown
- Swing your weapon, dealing 85/105/125/145/165 (+100% bAD) to enemies hit (75% damage to targets beyond the first). Whenever you enchant your weapon with Terrashape, this spell upgrades to Elemental Wrath and resets its cooldown.
- Elemental Wrath: Overcharge your enchantment to blast it in target direction. It detonates on the first enemy or when it ends, deals 85/105/125/145/165 (+100% bAD) damage to units hit, and:
- River Enchantment: Briefly root enemies hit, then slow them by 20% for 1s.
- Wall Enchantment: 51/63/75/87/99 (+60% bAD) bonus damage to units below 50% health.
- Brush Enchantment: Leaves a canopy trail that stealths you and grants 20% movement speed. Canopy fades after attacking from it, exiting it, or after 3.5s.”
- Terrashape (W):
- 25/30/35/40/45 mana
- 7 second cooldown
- Active: Target River, Wall, or Brush. Conjur elemental power from the environment and dash towards it to enchant your weapon with it and reset Elemental Wrath’s cooldown.
- Passive: While your weapon is enchanted, you gain 20% Attack Speed and your attacks and basic abilities deal 8/16/24/32/40 (+30% AP)(+20% bAD) bonus magic damage. Additionally, you gain 5/6.25/7.5/8.75/10% movement speed while out of combat and near the corresponding terrain type.
- Audacity (E):
- 40/45/50/55/60 mana
- 12/11/10/9/8 second cooldown
Dash a fixed distance at target enemy, sliding through them to deal 70/105/140/175/210 (+70% bAD) physical damage. If Elemental Wrath/Edge of Ixtal is cast during this ability, Qiyana will aim it at the target of her dash.
- Supreme Display of Talent (R):
- 100 mana
- 120 second cooldown
- Dash a fixed distance at target enemy, sliding through them to deal 70/105/140/175/210 (+70% bAD) physical damage.
- If Elemental Wrath / Edge of Ixtal is cast during this ability, Qiyana will aim it at the target of her dash
Here’s Qiyana’s full VO:
And all of her special interactions:
Illaoi – changed
- Prophet of an Elder God (P):
- Now has a 40% AP ratio.
- Harsh Lesson (W):
- Now notes minimum damage of 20/30/40/50/60.
- No longer caps bonus damage against monsters.
- Test of Spirit (E):
- Spirit pull duration decreased to 7 seconds from 10.
- Vessel duration decreased to 10 seconds from 12.
- Time between tentacle attacks decreased to once every 5/4/3 seconds from once every 10 seconds at all ranks.
- Leap of Faith (R):
- Maximum tentacle summons increased to 6 from 5.
Karma – nerfed
- Inspire (E):
- Movespeed duration decreased to 1.5 seconds from 2.5 seconds.
Ornn – buffed
- Volcanic Rupture (Q):
- AD ratio increased to 110% from 100%.
Pyke – changed
- Bone Skewer (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds from 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds.
- No longer deals 15% bonus damage.
- Ghostwater Dive (W):
- Movement speed changed to 40/45/50/55/60% decaying over 5 seconds from 40% at all ranks, decaying over 5 seconds.
- Phantom Undertow (E):
- No longer damages non-champions.
Sejuani – nerfed
- HP per level decreased to 95 from 105.
- Winter’s Wrath (W):
- W2 max health as damage decreased to 5.25% from 6%.
Sivir – nerfed
- Mana per 5 decreased to 8 from 8.012.
- AD per level decreased to 3 from 3.11.
- Ricochet (W):
- Mana cost increased to 75 from 60.
Sona – nerfed
- Hymn of Valor (Q):
- Aura damage AP ratio decreased to 20% from 30%.
- Song of Celerity (E):
- Movement speed from AP decreased to 3% per 100 AP from 6% per 100 AP.
Sylas – buffed
- HP per level increased to 95 from 85.
- Base AD increased to 61 from 58.
- Kingslayer (W):
- Damage increased to 65/100/135/170/205 from 60/90/120/150/180.
Syndra – buffed
- Mana per level increased to 40 from 30.
Tristana – buffed
- AD per level increased to 3.3 from 3.11.
- Base mana increased to 250 from 246.76.
- Mana per 5 decreased to 7.2 from 7.206.
- Rocket Jump (W):
- Damage increased to 95/145/195/245/295 from 85/135/185/235/285.
Udyr – changed
- Skill points:
- All spells can now gain a 6th rank, starting at level 16.
- Tiger Stance (Q):
- Base damage increased to 30/60/90/120/150/180 from 30/60/90/120/150.
- AD changed to 115/130/145/160/175/190% from 120/135/150/165/180%.
- Turtle Stance (W):
- Shield strength changed to 60/95/130/165/200/235 from 60/95/130/165/200.
- Bear Stance (E):
- Bonus movespeed changed to 15/20/25/30/35/40% from 15/20/25/30/35%.
- Bonus movespeed duration increased to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3/3.25 seconds from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds.
- Phoenix Stance (R):
- Cone damage changed to 50/95/140/185/230/275 from 40/80/120/160/200.
- Damage per tick changed to 10/20/30/40/50/60% from 10/20/30/40/50%.
Essence Reaver – changed
- Changed to B.F. Sword + Caulfield’s Warhammer + Cloak of Agility + 100 gold
- Increased to 3300 from 3200
Randuin’s Omen – buffed
- Armor increased to 70 from 60.
Rod of Ages
- Decreased to 2600 gold from 2700 gold.
- Combine cost decreased to 650 gold from 750 gold.
There are no item changes in League of Legends patch 9.13.
Battle Boss Qiyana
Here’s her splash:
Here’s her splash:
Arcade Caitlyn also has a Prestige Edition skin. Here’s her splash:
Here’s her splash:
Battle Boss Yasuo – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.13 LOGIN SCREEN
Every League of Legends patch has its own login screen. They’re usually fairly excellent, and patch 9.13’s is sure to be no exception. It’ll likely be based on the new Arcade skins.
That’s all we’ve got for League of Legends patch 9.13. You can stay up to date with the current version of the game via the League of Legends patch 9.12 notes, and make sure to check back for the League of Legends patch 9.14 notes in the very near future.