League of Legends patch 9.13 is now live on the PBE. In terms of balance, changes are pretty small so far, but there are plenty of larger changes making their way to the Rift with the next patch.
The headline is Qiyana, Empress of the Elements. The new champion is an assassin who wields a ring blade imbued with elemental powers that’ll grant her different abilities depending on whether it’s used in the brush, the river, or up against the wall. She’s far and away the biggest balance change, but tweaks to Udyr and Illaoi could be pretty chunky too. Meanwhile, Wukong and Malphite are back for more testing.
The other big change is the introduction of a brand-new game mode. Teamfight Tactics is a potentially permanent new edition to the game, inspired by the autobattler genre made famous thanks to Dota Auto Chess. The mode is likely to undergo some testing, but a ranked version is likely to make its way to the game in League of Legends patch 9.14 in a few weeks’ time.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.13 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
We don’t have a release date for League of Legends patch 9.13 just yet, but updates usually release every two weeks. With that in mind, expect the new patch to arrive on Wednesday, June 26.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.13 BALANCE CHANGES
- Base Mana: 320
- Mana Per Level: 50
- Base MR: 32.1
- MR Per Level: 1.25
- Base AD: 64
- AD Per Level: 3.1
- Base Armor: 28
- Armor Per Level: 3.5
- Base HP: 590
- HP Per Level: 90
- HP Regen: 1.7
- HP Regen Per Level: 0.13
- Attack Speed Per Level: 2.1
- Move Speed: 335
- Attack Range: 150
- Royal Privilege (P):
- Qiyana’s first basic ability or attack to damage each enemy deals 15-83 (+55% bAD)(+30% AP) bonus physical damage.
- This effect has a 25s per target cooldown, but the cooldown resets when you cast Terrashape to gain a different weapon enchantment.”
- Edge of Ixtal (Q):
- 35 mana
- 5 second cooldown
- Swing your weapon, dealing 85/105/125/145/165 (+100% bAD) to enemies hit (75% damage to targets beyond the first). Whenever you enchant your weapon with Terrashape, this spell upgrades to Elemental Wrath and resets its cooldown.
- Elemental Wrath: Overcharge your enchantment to blast it in target direction. It detonates on the first enemy or when it ends, deals 85/105/125/145/165 (+100% bAD) damage to units hit, and:
- River Enchantment: Briefly root enemies hit, then slow them by 20% for 1s.
- Wall Enchantment: 51/63/75/87/99 (+60% bAD) bonus damage to units below 50% health.
- Brush Enchantment: Leaves a canopy trail that stealths you and grants 20% movement speed. Canopy fades after attacking from it, exiting it, or after 3.5s.”
- Terrashape (W):
- 25/30/35/40/45 mana
- 7 second cooldown
- Active: Target River, Wall, or Brush. Conjur elemental power from the environment and dash towards it to enchant your weapon with it and reset Elemental Wrath’s cooldown.
- Passive: While your weapon is enchanted, you gain 20% Attack Speed and your attacks and basic abilities deal 8/16/24/32/40 (+30% AP)(+20% bAD) bonus magic damage. Additionally, you gain 5/6.25/7.5/8.75/10% movement speed while out of combat and near the corresponding terrain type.
- Audacity (E):
- 40/45/50/55/60 mana
- 12/11/10/9/8 second cooldown
Dash a fixed distance at target enemy, sliding through them to deal 70/105/140/175/210 (+70% bAD) physical damage. If Elemental Wrath/Edge of Ixtal is cast during this ability, Qiyana will aim it at the target of her dash.
- Supreme Display of Talent (R):
- 100 mana
- 120 second cooldown
- Dash a fixed distance at target enemy, sliding through them to deal 70/105/140/175/210 (+70% bAD) physical damage.
- If Elemental Wrath / Edge of Ixtal is cast during this ability, Qiyana will aim it at the target of her dash
Here’s Qiyana’s full VO:
And all of her special interactions:
Illaoi – changed
- Prophet of an Elder God (P):
- Now has a 60% AP ratio.
- Harsh Lesson (W):
- Now notes minimum damage of 20/30/40/50/60. No longer caps bonus damage against monsters.
- Test of Spirit (E):
- Spirit pull duration decreased to 8 seconds from 10.
Malphite – testing
- Granite Shield (P):
- Malphite’s size now scales with armor up to around 700 armor.
- Seismic Chard (Q):
- Movement speed steal changed to 20/25/30/35/40% from 14/17/20/23/26%.
- Speed duration decreased to 3 seconds from 4 seconds.
- Thunderclap (W):
- Renamed from Brutal Strikes. Initial hit AP ratio decreased to 20% from 40%.
- Mana cost increased to 35 from 25.
- Initial hit armor ratio decreased to 15% from 20%.
- On cast, Malphite now resets his auto attack and deals 30/45/60/76/90 bonus physical damage, scaling with 150% armor and 20% AP.
- Malphite’s auto attacks create ‘aftershocks’ for the next 5 seconds. These are frontal cleaves (think Titanic Hydra) that deal 10/20/30/40/50 physical damage to all enemies in range of the cone, scaling with 10% armor and 20% AP.
Pyke – changed
- Bone Skewer (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds from 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds.
- Ghostwater Dive (W):
- Movement speed changed to 40/45/50/55/60% decaying over 5 seconds from 40% at all ranks, decaying over 5 seconds.
Udyr – changed
- Skill points:
- All spells can now gain a 6th rank, starting at level 16.
- Tiger Stance (Q):
- Base damage increased to 30/60/90/120/150/180 from 30/60/90/120/150.
- AD changed to 115/130/145/160/175/190% from 120/135/150/165/180%.
- Turtle Stance (W):
- Shield strength changed to 60/95/130/165/200/235 from 60/95/130/165/200.
- Bear Stance (E):
- Bonus movespeed changed to 15/20/25/30/35/40% from 15/20/25/30/35%.
- Bonus movespeed duration increased to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3/3.25 seconds from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds.
- Phoenix Stance (R):
- Cone damage changed to 50/95/140/185/230/275 from 40/80/120/160/200.
- Damage per tick changed to 10/20/30/40/50/60% from 10/20/30/40/50%.
Wukong – testing
- Strength of Stone (P):
- New effect: Crushing Blows – Whenever Wukong or one of his clones damages an enemy champion, they apply a stack of Crushing Blows to that target.
- Targets take 4% increased damage from Wukong and his clones for each stack of Crushing blows (max 5).
- VFX start small at one stack and get larger with each additional stack applied.
- Redesigned effect: Stone Skin – When 3+ enemy champions are visible within 1400 units, Wukong gains Armor and MR equal to 20 + 2 per level + 0.2* his bonus Armor/MR respectively. Bonuses last for 6s and renews if enemies remain near.
- Wuju Strike (Q):
- Renamed from Crushing Blow.
- Mana cost decreased to 25/30/35/40/45 from 70/75/80/85/90.
- Now has a passive where Wukong gets 125 range on his next AA after he casts any spell.
- Damage changed to 20/35/50/65/80 (+20% AD) bonus magic damage from 10-130 (+0.4 AD) bonus physical damage.
- Now heals for 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.25 AD) health (50% on minions).
- No longer shreds armor.
- Warrior Trickster (W):
- Clone created now attacks nearby enemies dealing 50% of Wukong’s damage instead of exploding for magic damage at the end of its life.
- Clone lifespan increased to 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5 (invisibility duration for Wukong himself unchanged).
- Wukong creating a clone and Wukong pushing ‘S’ to stop moving will now look identical to enemy players.
- Dash range when casting W increased to 200 units from 100 units.
- Cooldown decreased to 16/14/12/10/8 seconds from 18/16/14/12/10 seconds.
- Cooldown now starts on clone death, not on clone creation.
- Clone now gets the E Attack Speed buff if Wukong has it when he casts W Clone now gets the Q on next hit buff if Wukong has it when he casts W
- Nimbus Strike (E):
- Other images of Wukong are now interactable clones that look just like Wukong and can be interacted with like any other unit. That means enemies won’t be certain which exact target Wukong himself is going to until he gets there.
- Clones can block skillshots.
- AD ratio decreased to 0.5 from 0.8.
- Now checks for secondary targets in a much larger area around the primary target.
- Cyclone (R):
- Other spells can no be cast while using Cyclone. If Wukong casts another spell, it will automatically cancel Cyclone.
There are currently no item changes in League of Legends patch 9.13, but make sure to check back for more information.
- “Assemble a squad of champions that battle on your behalf. Outlast all seven of your opponents and become the last person standing.”
- Choose a champion from the store and recruit them with gold. Then, drag them from the bench to the battlefield to deploy them. Combine three of the same champion to create a stronger, two-star version of that champion.
- Champions have traits and earn bonuses when deployed with other champs that share those traits. Positioning matters! Experiment with different layouts to find the best results.
- Each round, your team teleports to an enemy’s arena (or vice-versa). Champions fight automatically, and if your team is defeated, your Little Legend takes damage. When your Little Legend’s health reaches 0, you’re out of the game.
Battle Boss Qiyana
Here’s her splash:
Here’s her splash:
Arcade Caitlyn also has a Prestige Edition skin. Here’s her splash:
Here’s her splash:
Battle Boss Yasuo – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.13 LOGIN SCREEN
Every League of Legends patch has its own login screen. They’re usually fairly excellent, and patch 9.13’s is sure to be no exception. It’ll likely be based on the new Arcade skins.
That’s all we’ve got for League of Legends patch 9.13. You can stay up to date with the current version of the game via the League of Legends patch 9.12 notes, and make sure to check back for the League of Legends patch 9.14 notes in the very near future.