After a little while longer than normal, League of Legends patch 9.14 is now live on the PBE – and boy is this one massive update. Prior testing for Malphite and Wukong returns from League of Legends patch 9.13, but there’s a host of other changes on offer too.
Akali, Blitzcrank, and Cassiopeia are all in line for some major changes, and there’s also a first pass at that much needed nerf for Lux. There are also some significant changes to Pyke’s “Your Cut” system, as well as Swain’s ultimate and Tahm Kench’s ravenous appetite. If that weren’t enough, there’s a bunch of QoL changes which will help characters like Karma keep track of invisible foes.
Beyond that, there are the new Demacia Vice skins, which put Garen and Lucian in their own 80s-style buddy cop show, and a revamped Death Recap, which is now live on the PBE – and only a decade or so late. And if you still want more, then you can play more Teamfight Tactics, you lucky things.
League of Legends patch 9.14 release date and downtime
We don’t have an exact release date for League of Legends patch 9.14, but updates tend to release every two weeks. With that in mind, expect the new patch to arrive on Wednesday, July 17.
League of Legends patch 9.14 balance changes
Aatrox – changed
- HP regen per level increased to 0.2 from 0.15.
- World Ender (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 120/100/80 seconds from 140/120/100 seconds.
- No longer revives Aatrox.
- Healing amp increased to 50/60/70% from 40/55/70%.
Ahri – nerfed
- Charm (E):
- Now cancels in-progress dashes.
- Damage bonus duration decreased to 3 seconds from 5 seconds.
Akali – changed
- Base MR increased to 37 from 32.1.
- Five Point Strike (Q):
- AP ratio increased to 60% from 50%.
- Twilight Shroud (W):
- Cooldown changed to 20 seconds from 25/22/19/16/13 seconds.
- Cooldown now starts on cast, not shroud expiration.
- Energy restore increased to 80 from 40/50/60/70/80.
- No longer extends duration.
- Stealth type changed to invisibility from obscurity.
- Shuriken Flip (E):
- Missile damage increased to 40/70/100/130/160 (+35% tAD)(+50% AP) from 70/105/140/175/210 (+70% bAD).
- Dash damage changed to 40/70/100/130/160 (+35% tAD)(+50% AP) from 50/80/110/140/170 (+70%bAD).
- Perfect Execution (R):
- Cooldown increased to 120/110/100 from 100/85/70.
Alistar – buffed
- Mana increased to 350 from 278.84.
Aurelion Sol – changed
- Starsurge (Q):
- Max stun duration increased to 2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8/3 seconds from 1.65/1.8/1.95/2.1/2.25.
- Minimum stun duration decreased to 25% of max duration from 33.3% of max duration.
- Comet of Legend (E):
- Movespeed changed to 25-45% based on level from 25/30/35/40/45%.
Bard – changed
- Base HP increased to 575 from 535.
- Base HP regen decreased to 1.1 from 1.5.
- Magical Journey (E):
- Allied movement speed changed to 33% faster than enemies at all ranks from 10/20/30/40/50%.
Blitzcrank – changed
- Overdrive (W):
- Cooldown increased to 15 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Static Field (R):
- Active effect now destroys shields on affected enemies.
Cassiopeia – changed
- Base HP increased to 575 from 537.
- HP per level increased to 90 from 87.
- Base armor decreased to 20 from 25.
- Miasma (W):
- Minimum cast range decreased to 100 units from 500 units.
- Cooldown increased to 24/21/18/15/12 seconds from 18/17.5/17/16.5/16 seconds.
- Max range decreased to 700 units from 800 units.
- Twin Fang (E):
- Healing changed to 13/16/19/22/25% AP from 5-22 + 10% AP.
- Healing is now 25% as effective against minions and small monsters.
- Cost changed to 50 from 40/45/50/55/60.
Fizz – changed
- Nimble Fighter (P):
- Damage reduction changed to 4 +1% AP against all sources of damage (max 50% reduction) from 4/6/8/10/12/14 against basic attacks.
Galio – changed
- Colossal Smash (P):
- No longer reduces cooldown when Galio hits a champion with an ability.
- Damage decreased to 15-160 from 20-200.
- Cooldown decreased to 5 seconds from 8 seconds.
- MR ratio increased to 60% from 40%.
- Winds of War (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 14/13/12/11/10 seconds from 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds.
- Damage increased to 80/120/160/200/240 from 80/115/150/185/220.
- Shield of Durand (W):
- Self-slow decreased to 15% from 30%.
- Can no longer use Flash while taunting.
Jayce – changed
- Base AD decreased to 54 from 58.
- AD per level increased to 4.25 from 3.5.
- Shock Blast (Cannon Q):
- Damage changed to 55/105/155/205/255/305 + 120% bAD) from 70/115/160/205/250/295 + 100% bAD.
Jhin – buffed
- Deadly Flourish (W):
- Root duration increased to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds from 0.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.5 seconds.
- Cooldown decreased to 12 seconds from 14 seconds.
Karma – changed
- Focused Resolve (W):
- Now provides True Sight during the root component.
Katarina – buffed
- Death Lotus (R):
- Healing reduction increased to 60% from 40%.
Kennen – changed
- Base AD decreased to 48 from 50.544.
- AD per level increased to 3.75 from 3.3.
- Attack speed decreased to 0.625 from 0.69.
- Lightning Rush (E):
- Attack speed increased to 40/50/60/70/80% from 30/40/50/60/70%.
Kled – buffed
- Bear Trap on a Rope (Q):
- When yanking an enemy, reduces all healing on them by 60% for 5 seconds.
LeBlanc – changed
- Ethereal Chains (E):
- Provides True Sight during the root component.
Leona – changed
- Eclipse (W):
- Now reduces incoming damage by 8/12/16/20/24 (pre-mitigation, up to 50%).
- Armor decreased to 20/25/30/35/40 from 25/35/45/55/65.
- Magic resist decreased to 20/25/30/35/40 from 20/30/40/50/60.
- Solar Flare (R):
- No longer provides Incandescence.
Lux – changed
- Light Binding (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 13/12/11/10/9 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Mana cost changed to 50 from 40/45/50/55/60.
- Prismatic Barrier (W):
- AP ratio increased to 30% from 20%.
- No longer provides double effect on returning shields.
- Max shield amount changed to 100/140/180/220/260 (+60% AP) from 150/195/240/285/330 (+60% AP).
- Shield duration decreased to 2.5 from 3.
- Final Spark (R):
- Cooldown reset mechanic removed.
- Cooldown decreased to 80/60/40 seconds from 80/65/50.
- AP ratio decreased to 75% from 100%.
Malphite – changed
- Granite Shield (P):
- Malphite now glows when his shield regenerates.
- Malphite’s size now scales with his armor.
- Seismic Shard (Q):
- Movement speed steal changed to 10/15/20/25/30% from 14/17/20/23/26%.
- Speed duration decreased to 3 seconds from 4 seconds.
- Thunderclap (W):
- Renamed from Brutal Strikes. Mana cost increased to 35 from 25.
- Initial hit AP ratio decreased to 20% from 40%. Initial hit armor ratio decreased to 15% from 20%.
- On cast, Malphite resets his auto attack and deals 30/45/60/75/90 bonus physical damage, scaling with 1.5 armor and 0.2 AP.
- First attack after activating ability damage decreased to 20/35/50/65/80 from 30/45/60/75/90.
- Armor increased to 10/15/20/25/30% from 10%.
- Malphite’s auto attacks create aftershocks for the next 5 seconds.
- Aftershocks deal 10/20/30/40/50 physcial damage to all enemies in range, scaling with 0.1 armor and 0.2 AP.
Mordekaiser – nerfed
- Darkness Rise (P):
- Damage changed to 5-15 from 8-25.
- Death’s Grasp (E):
- Magic penetration decreased to 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% from 5/10/15/20/25%.
Morgana – changed
- Soul Shackles (R):
- Now provides True Sight during the root component.
Nidalee – buffed
- Swipe (Cougar E):
- Damage increased to 80/140/200/260 from 70/130/190/250.
Neeko – changed
- Base AD decreased to 48 from 52.
- AD per level increased to 2.5 from 2.
- Attack speed decreased to 0.625 from 0.645.
- Attack speed per level increased to 3 from 2.5.
- Shapesplitter (W):
- Passive movement speed decreased to 10/15/20/25/30% from 20/25/30/35/40%.
Poppy – changed
- Steadfast Presence (W):
- If Poppy stops a movement ability, the enemy is now grounded and slowed by 25% for 2 seconds.
- Duration decreased to 2 seconds from 2.5 seconds.
- Movement speed increased to 35% from 30%.
- Cooldown changed to 24/21/18/15/12 seconds from 24/22/20/18/16 seconds.
Pyke – changed
- Phantom Undertow (E):
- Now stuns non-champions (but doesn’t deal damage to them).
- Death from Below (R):
- Now deals 50% reduced damage to enemies it doesn’t kill. “
- Your Cut” on Pyke kill changed to 1 “Your Cut” to Pyke and most recent assister from 1 “Your Cut” to most recent assister.
- “Your Cut” on Pyke assist changed to 2 “Your Cut” to Pyke from 1 “Your Cut ” to Pyke.
- Death from Below’s icon is now shown next to Pyke’s health bar while it can be cast for free.
Renekton – changed
- Ruthless Predator (W):
- Now destroys existing damage shields on the target when empowered with 50 fury.
Ryze – buffed
- Base HP regen increased to 1.6 from 1.4.
- HP regen per level increased to 0.16 from 0.11.
Swain – changed
- Attack range decreased to 525 from 550.
- HP per level decreased to 85 from 90.
- Ravenous Flock (P):
- Swain can no longer store Soul Fragments in reserve to empower Demonflare.
- Swain now permanently stores Soul Fragments, increasing his max HP by 5.
- Collecting a soul now also restores 4/5.5/7% of Swain’s mana.
- Death’s Hand (Q):
- Killing a unit no longer restores 3% maximum mana.
- Bolts now pierce through minions and stop on impact with enemy champions.
- Cooldown increased to 10/8.5/7/5.5/4 seconds from 9/7.5/6/4.5/3 seconds.
- Effect radius decreased to 625 units from 725 units.
- Angle between bolts increased to 10 from 8.
- Demonic Ascension (R1):
- No longer requires a health threshold to cast R2.
- Health gain from R1 includes an additional 5 health per soul fragment during his ultimate.
- Minion and monster reduction increased to 90% from 80%.
- Swain now drains all enemy units, including invisible units.
- R1 can now be cast after draining any amount of health.
- Demonflare (R2):
- No longer deals 45/60/75 +21% AP damage per fragment.
- Demonflare now deals damage equal to how much health Swain has drained during Demonic Ascension, up to a cap of 200/300/400 + 100% AP.
- Damage changed to 100/150/200 + 50% AP + 75% of the damage he healed.
Sylas – changed
- HP regen decreased to 85 from 90.
- Petricite Burst (P):
- Minion damage reduction decreased to 50% from 70%.
- Chain Lash (Q):
- Damage increased to 45/70/95/1120/145 + 60% AP from 40/60/80/100/120 + 40% AP.
- Abscond/Abduct (E):
- Shield is now cast on E1.
- Mana cost changed to 65 at all ranks from 55/60/65/70/75.
- Shield is now a magic-absorbing shield.
- Cooldown changed to 14 at all ranks from 18/17/16/15/14 seconds.
- E2 missile speed increased to 2000 from 1600.
- E2 stun duration decreased to 0.35 seconds from 0.5 seconds.
- Hijack (R):
- Cast range decreased to 950 from 1050.
- Ult hold duration decreased to 90 seconds from 120 seconds.
- Minimum lockout time on enemy champions increased to 40 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Cooldown increased to 100/80/60 seconds from 85/50/15 seconds.
- Bonus AD ratio conversion changed to 40-100% from 50-150%.
- Total AD ratio conversion changed to 60-100% from 70-100%.
Tahm Kench – changed
- An Acquired Taste (P):
- Spells no longer deal bonus damage based on stacks.
- Passive no longer deals increased damage based on target stacks.
- Damage increased to 2.5% of Tahm Kench’s max HP from 1.5% of Tam Kench’s max HP.
- Tongue Lash (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds from 8/7/6/5/4 seconds.
- No longer hits enemies in a wide arc in front of Tahm Kench on cast.
- Stunning an enemy with Tongue Lash now consumes all stacks of An Acquired Taste.
- Slow amount increased to 30/35/40/45/50% from 50/55/60/65/70%.
- Slow duration increased to 3 seconds from 2 seconds.
- Stun duration increased to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
- Devour (W):
- Enemies are no longer nearsighted while devoured.
- Enemies are no longer stunned for 0.25 seconds after being devoured.
- Can now be used on Blue Sentinel and Red Brambleback.
- Thick Skin (E):
- Damage stored as gray health decreased to 45/50/55/60/65% from 80/85/90/95/100%.
- Gray health healed changed to 100% from 20/25/30/35/40%.
- Cooldown changed to 3 seconds at all ranks from 6 seconds at all ranks.
- Cooldown start changed to “when E shield expires or is broken” to “on cast.”
Yuumi – changed
- Bop’N’Block (P):
- No longer restores mana. Shield decreased to 50-300 from 80-300.
- Prowling Projectile (Q):
- Mana cost increased to 75/80/85/90/95/100 from 60/65/70/75/80/85.
- Empowered damage changed to 50/95/140/185/230/275 + 65% AP from 60/105/150/195/240/285 + 60% AP.
- Zoomies (E):
- Mana cost decreased to 30/40/50/60/70 from 60/65/70/75/80.
- Maximum heal increased to 2.3x base heal value from 2x base heal value.
League of Legends patch 9.14 skins
Demacia Vice Garen – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
Demacia Vice Lucian – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
League of Legends patch 9.14 Login screen
Every League of Legends patch comes with its own Login Screen. They’re always fairly excellent, and this one is sure to be no exception. Patch 9.14’s hasn’t shown up yet, but it’s likely to be based on the new Demacia Vice skins.
That’s all we’ve got for you in League of Legends patch 9.14. You can keep up to date with the live version of the game with the League of Legends patch 9.13 notes, or just play some Teamfight Tactics. Beyond that, be sure to join us again for League of Legends patch 9.15 in the near future.