Rainbow Six Siege‘s latest update is now live on PC, bringing a new batch of balance tweaks and changes. Much of what Ubisoft has changed in the Y4S4.3 update we already knew about from the test server patch notes, but the final list is now available.
Ubisoft has followed through on its promises to overhaul ADS times; all weapons will now take longer to raise to your eyeballs when you want to shoot more precisely. However, the nerf to sidearm SMGs is less significant than was originally planned – their ADS time is going up from 0.1 seconds to 0.275 seconds, not to the 0.35 seconds that was seen in the testing period.
The planned nerfs to Maestro and Jager have gone ahead unchanged, meaning the former loses his ALDA ACOG and the latter’s 416-C damage falls from 43 to 38. Echo also suffers from a nerf of sorts, as he is now vulnerable to Dokkaebi.
On the other hand, Ela, Finka, Ying, Nokk, and Smoke all get buffs – read the details on those in the patch notes below, via Ubisoft. The changes are already active on PC live servers, with PS4 and Xbox One updates rolling out over the course of January 29. Ubisoft is also planning a Lesion nerf, but that will come in a future update.
Rainbow Six Siege’s Road to SI 2020 event is live, meanwhile. It adds a new map, Stadium, for the next five weekends leading up to the Six Invitational on February 14. Siege’s Year 5 pass also leaked just recently, and it now contains fewer operators than before.
Rainbow Six Siege Update Y4S4.3 Patch Notes
- ADS time increased for all weapons.
- Assault rifles: from 0.30s to 0.40s
- DMRs: from 0.30s up to 0.40s
- SMGs: from 0.20s up to 0.30s
- LMGs: from 0.40s up to 0.45s
- Pistol: 0.10s up to 0.20s
- SMG in secondary slots: 0.10s up to 0.275s*
- Shotguns: 0.20s up to 0.25s
*(Modified based on feedback from Test Server)
We support great beards and more decision-making.
- ADS penalization will only apply when Blackbeard’s Gun Shield is equipped.
- Weapons without the Gun Shield will maintain the same ADS timings as any other AR.
- Weapons with the Gun Shield will retain the same ADS timings from before.
- The Angled Grip will affect the SCAR with and without the Gun Shield equipped.
Echo forgot to activate 2SV.
- Echo can now be called by Dokkaebi.
- Echo now drops a phone when killed with Dokkaebi present.
- When hacked, access to the Yokai cameras is also granted for Attackers.
- Yokai now has lights that show only when NOT cloaked, and Yokai drone lights will change to reflect it is hacked.
A little more princess, a little less Nerferella.
- Reduced recoil on Scorpion Evo3 for the first 16 shots, any proceeding shots will retain previous recoil pattern.
The juice is loose.
- Increased Finka’s Spear .308 damage to 42 (up from 38).
Wamai giving Jäger a run for his money.
- Reduced Jäger’s 416-C damage to 38 (down from 43).
Maestro joins the No-ACOG club.
- ACOG removed from Maestro’s ALDA.
New and improved Candelas! Great for flashing enemies and not just your team!
- Candela’s now have a new outline that is visible only to Ying.
- Improved distribution of Cluster Flashes to make the flash more reliable.
- Number of pellets per Candela increased to 7 (up from 6) – (1 at floor level, 3 at around hip level and 3 at head level).
- Pellets detonation time reduced to 0.3s (from 1s on throw and 2.5s on deploy).
- Pellets that bounce on environmental props maintain their velocity instead of falling and detonating on the floor.
- Candela explosion minor VFX improvements.
- Increased FMG9 damage to 34 (up from 30) for Nokk and Smoke.
- FIXED – Attackers can sometimes go through barricaded windows while attempting to hotbreach without detonating the breaching charge.
- FIXED – Crashing if Lesion is pushed back by an airjab while trying to pull out a GU mine at the same time.
- FIXED – Jackal can’t scan footsteps while within the warning area of a Mute jammer. He can now scan footsteps while in the warning area – making it more in alignment with all other Operator gadgets and abilities that can be used while still in the warning area of a jammer.
- FIXED – A rolling Candela that stops on a staircase will slide downstairs before detonating. Candelas will now stop and stay in place where they activated, even on stairs or uneven surfaces.
- FIXED – Glaz’s Holographic Sight has a larger and thicker red reticle than other Russian Holographic Sights.FIXED –
- FIXED – After being affected by Thatcher’s EMP, Yokai’s blue lights remain dark even when being operated.
- FIXED – Castle’s Nail Gun remains present and clips while deploying his Armor Panels.
- FIXED – Invisible collision at the skylight of EXT Roof Top of Kafe for sticky deployable gadgets.
- FIXED – Wall studs are not destroyed when a reinforced wall is first broken by Maverick and then shot by Zofia’s impact grenade.
- FIXED – Thunt matches count towards the “Match Win Streak” Battle Pass Challenge.
- FIXED – Battle Pass progression does not update properly on end-match screen, but shows correct progression in the main BP HUD.
- FIXED – Various minor HUD and menu visual issues.
- FIXED – Various minor shop and cosmetic visual issues.
- FIXED – If a player mutes a teammate, they can still hear muted teammates after switching sides, even though the HUD indicates they are muted.
- FIXED – In Caster or support mode, Nomad’s warheads pops in her hand while switching/reloading.
- FIXED – Bandit’s shockwire gadget appears offset when he holds it in his hands.
- FIXED – Incorrect animation for Ballistic Shield ops when being pushed back.
- FIXED – Zofia’s KS79 Lifeline grenade launcher’s ammo faces the wrong side.
- FIXED – Swapping weapons while vaulting will cause the operators arm to appear broken from a 3rd person POV.
- FIXED – Weapons don’t sway back and forth while in rappel and moving L/R.
- FIXED – Operators can appear to be floating over a shield from 3rd person POV if they vault over a shield twice.
- FIXED – MMR for Road to S.I. 2020 playlist: We discovered the MMR used to matchmake was incorrect. Matches should be more balanced now upon the playlist’s reactivation this weekend.