Want to know the best Marvel Snap Modok deck now the February season pass is here? If you’ve dropped the cash on the season pass and you want to utilise Modok, you’ve come to the right place, because this five-cost eight-power card discards your entire hand when played – but that can certainly be a good thing in the right scenario.
Discard is one of the most popular archetypes in Marvel Snap, and while there isn’t one in our best Marvel Snap decks list at the time of writing, there are so many cards that revolve around that mechanic. But where does Modok come into play, and which card would it replace in a usual discard deck in this contender for one of the best free PC games right now? Here’s our pick for the best Marvel Snap Modok deck.
Best Modok deck list
The best Marvel Snap Modok deck list is:
- Invisible Woman
- Moon Knight
- Lady Sif
- Sword Master
- Black Cat
- Ghost Rider
- The Infinaut
While recent season pass cards have forced decks to play entirely around them, Modok does something wonderful in that he slots neatly into existing discard decks. The ideal situation here is to play Invisible Woman as the first card in a lane, with Modok and Hela behind her, so turn six finishes with your entire hand being resurrected randomly across the board.
However, there are cards in here to save the game if you don’t pull off that combo. Lady Sif should ideally be used without Hela in hand, so it discards one of the other huge six drops, while Ghost Rider can rescue Hela if you do discard her by mistake. Letting Black Cat discard herself should always be the play, unless you have nothing else to play on turn three. Even if you end up pulling Black Cat with Ghost Rider, it’s still ten power for just four energy.
These are the key interactions in the best Modok deck:
- Invisible Woman on turn two, with Modok and Hela behind her on turns five and six respectively is the optimal play.
- Try not to play Lady Sif with Hela in hand if possible.
- Ghost Rider can bring Hela back if that does happen, but you’ll run the risk of pulling a different card you’ve discarded.
- Let Black Cat discard herself unless you have no other plays.
- Ghost Rider can be used to bring back Modok/Giganto/The Infinaut for a lot of value if you don’t draw Hela.
- Jubilee can pull through great value too, if you haven’t drawn one of your two huge six-cost cards.
- Morbius is there to either be brought back by Hela or played on turn two if you don’t draw Invisible Woman.
Modok deck alternatives
If you’re missing some of the Marvel Snap pool three cards needed to make this deck work, there are some alternatives to consider, because the discard archetype is stacked. Funnily enough, Modok isn’t essential for this deck (though we’d question why you’re here if you don’t have him), but Hela, Lady Sif, Invisible Woman, and Ghost Rider are. For the rest of the cards though, consider adding any of these:
- Hell Cow
- America Chavez
Now you know the best Modok deck, why not check out our guides for the more recent season pass cards with our Marvel Snap Zabu and Marvel Snap Silver Surfer deck guides? Alternatively, if you’re still new to one of the best card games, read up on our Marvel Snap tier list for the pool one cards.