Want to know all about the new Multiversus characters? With a pretty sizeable roster already, the popular fighting game is picking up plenty of steam now with the start of Season 2. It also helps that Multiversus is a platform fighter similar to Super Smash Bros, and it’s completely free-to-play across PC and consoles.
New Multiversus characters are coming to the game every season, and each of these fighters takes their rightful place somewhere on the Multiversus tier list. It’s a tricky balancing job as, eventually, you can train them in as many Multiversus perks as you want, but new fighters can bring wildly different strategies.
Confirmed new Multiversus characters
With the start of Season 2 comes all-new fighters to the roster. So far, the only confirmed character coming is Marvin the Martian. However, given that there were a total of five Multiversus characters for Season 1, we can expect to see a few more in the coming months.
Multiversus characters we’d like to see
Given that we don’t have many characters in the pipeline, we thought it would be fun to pick our own playable fighters. To make our picks realistic, only characters affiliated with Warner Bros count.
Firstly, we only have one DC character we could consider a villain in the current roster – Harley Quinn. Since Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are all in Multiversus, a couple of supervillains would balance things out. Lex Luthor in his mech suit acting as a tank or Cheetah as an assassin-type fighter would fit the bill nicely.
With both Bugs Bunny and Taz as the current representatives of Looney Tunes’ golden age, we could easily see the likes of Marvin the Martian (Marvin is now a confirmed fighter) or Daffy Duck joining the roster. Unfortunately, Hanna Barbera cartoons only have Scooby-Doo characters representing them in Multiversus, so why not have at least one of the colourful cast from The Flintstones in the roster? Our money is on either Fred or Dino.
Outside of this, the world is our oyster. After asking around the PCGamesN team for thoughts, here are some of our picks:
- Skeletor (Masters of the Universe) – he would be a formidable bruiser-type character who would sneer as part of his taunt.
- Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones) – she would be a nearly unstoppable tank class, showing expert swordsmanship in both the novels and the TV series. It would make sense as Arya is in the game and the House of the Dragon spinoff series is nearly here.
- Mad Max (Mad Max: Fury Road) – because who doesn’t want to see him walk up to the Iron Giant and kneecap it with a sawn-off shotgun?
- Michael Jordan (Space Jam) – if LeBron James can be here, why not the original leader of the Tune Squad?
- Yakko, Wakko, and Dot (Animaniacs) – to embrace the chaos, why not have all three as swappable modes for one character like in the Mega Drive game?
- Morpheus (The Matrix) – all of the Matrix characters could work here, but Morpheus’ mastery of martial arts would make him a formidable assassin type.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro$180VIEWNetwork N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
We leave you with our Multiversus new character picks, alongside the fighters already rumoured and confirmed as coming to the multiplayer game. Don’t forget to check out our guide on how Multiversus toast works. We also have a list of other free PC games just in case there is another instance of maintenance downtime, and you want something to play to pass the time.