Want to know more about the Genshin Impact Spices from the West event? This is a rerun of a popular event and involves a minigame where players create seasonings using specific ingredients, and even invite their favourite characters for a taste-test to gain a companion boost.
Players have to collect their own ingredients and must pay close attention during the cooking process as it’s easier to make mistakes. Here’s everything you need to know about the Spices from the West event in Genshin Impact and a character guide to their recipes.
Spices from the West release date
The Genshin Impact Spices from the West event runs from March 31 to April 10.
You need to be Adventure Rank 20 or higher to create Fragrant Seasonings. You need to be Adventure Rank 28 or higher, and have completed the ‘Idle Teapot Talk’ to unlock the Serenitea Pot. This will allow you to invite characters for a taste-test of any Fragrant Dishes you make – see below for more details.
How to make Fragrant Seasonings
Before you can start the cooking process, you need to collect all of the ingredients for each recipe. It’s worth picking up slightly more than the recipe asks for in case you make any mistakes. You only get a fixed number of attempts each day, and you need to be careful – adding ingredients out of the correct order automatically ends the cooking process.
Once you have all of your ingredients together, you can begin to create Fragrant Seasonings. The top of the screen shows the ingredients at your disposal – the item highlighted with a yellow box signifies which ingredient needs to be added to the pot.
The bottom of the screen shows a slider that moves forwards and backwards. Below the slider are a number of glowing spoons – as the slider moves back and forth, the spoons begin to disappear after each loop. If you run out of spoons before placing all of the ingredients in the pot, the cooking process ends early.
Spices From the West Fragrant Dishes
You can use Fragrant Seasonings alongside Delicious Dishes to create Fragrant Dishes which you can share with your favourite characters in your Serenitea Pot. These dishes expire after a certain amount of time, so you do need to share them with your characters before they go bad. Rewarding your party members with Fragrant Dishes boosts their companion experience, allowing you to max out your friendship levels.
Spices From the West character guide
- Fragrant Calla Lily Seafood Soup – Hu Tao, Keqing, Tartaglia, Xingqiu
- Fragrant Chicken-Mushroom Skewer – Bennett, Hu Tao, Tartaglia, Tighnari
- Fragrant Cold Cut Platter – Bennett, Chongyun, Diluc, Fischl, Kaeya, Mika, Qiqi, Razor, Rosaria, Thoma, Yelan, Ayato, Yun Jin
- Fragrant Crab, Ham, and Veggie Bake – Dori, Keqing, Sayu, Sucrose, Xingqiu, Yanfei, Tartaglia
- Fragrant Fisherman’s Toast – Itto, Jean, Klee, Layla, Kokomi, Shenhe, Yae Miko
- Fragrant Fried Radish Balls – Collei, Dori, Heizou
- Fragrant Mint Jelly – Albedo, Itto, Chongyun, Dehya, Eula, Gorou, Ayato, Nahida, Nilou, Qiqi, Raiden Shogun, Sucrose, Xiao, and Yoimiya
- Fragrant Mondstadt Grilled Fish – Barbara, Beidou, Collei, Diona, Hu Tao, Kaeya, Keqing, Klee, Mika, Razor, Xiao, Xingqiu, Yun Jin
- Fragrant Mushroom Pizza – Candace, Jean, Ayaka, Kujou Sara, Sayu, Shenhe, Thoma, Tighnari, Yae Miko, Yaoyao
- Fragrant Northern Smoked Chicken – Bennett, Chongyun, Faruzan, Kaeya, Ayaka, Ayato, Mika, Ningguang, Qiqi, Razor, Thoma, Xiangling, Yaoyao, Yelan, Zhongli
- Fragrant Radish Veggie Soup – Ganyu, Lisa, Noelle, Kokomi
- Fragrant Satisfying Salad – Chongyun, Eula, Lisa, Mona, Noelle, Kokomi, Venti, Wanderer
- Fragrant Steak – Alhaitham, Amber, Bennett, Collei, Cyno, Diluc, Kujou Sara, Mika, Razor, Rosaria, Kokomi, Sayu, Xinyan, Yun Jin
- Fragrant Sticky Honey Roast – Amber, Beidou, Bennett, Candace, Cyno, Diluc, Ayato, Kuki Shinobu, Razor, Sayu, Tartaglia, Venti, Xiangling, Xinyan, Yaoyao, Yun Jin, Zhongli
- Fragrant Sunshine Sprat – Albedo, Alhaitham, Barbara, Bennett, Diluc, Diona, Dori, Hu Tao, Kazuha, Ayaka, Keqing, Klee, Mika, Ningguang, Razor, Heizou, Xingqiu
- Fragrant Tea Break Pancake – Albedo, Itto, Dehya, Dori, Eula, Gorou, Layla, Lisa, Nahida, Nilou, Noelle, Raiden Shogun, Sucrose, Yoimiya
Spices From the West event rewards
Here’s a list of the rewards you can earn by taking part in the Spices from the West event:
- Character experience materials
- Weapon ascension materials
- Mystic enhancement ores
And that’s everything you need to know about the Spices from the West event in Genshin Impact. For more free primogems, here are the latest Genshin Impact codes as well as what to expect from the next Genshin banner in the upcoming Genshin Impact 3.6 update.