Here we are at the midway point through the League of Legends 2020 patch cycle, LoL fans. It’s summer, the new Pool Party skins for Orianna, Taliyah, Heimerdinger, Jarvan IV, and Syndra are on their way soon with the (now live) LoL patch 10.13, and there are plenty more treats on the way with the next content drop. The fourteenth patch of the year has landed on the PBE for testing – so let’s go have a look at what’s in store, shall we?
First up, even more of those 120 new LoL skins due to arrive over the course of the year have hit the PBE, with eight – yes, eight – all-new looks for a bunch of the biggest and best League of Legends Champions on the way.
Kog’Maw is transformed with an adorable Arcanist skin that turns him into a purple Pokemon-like critter, while Shaco and Zoe also join the alternate universe line with their own skins – and Zoe gets a Prestige edition, too.
Alongside these, Conqueror Nautilus, Infernal Karthus, Infernal Kennen, and Infernal Vel’Kozv have also arrived on the PBE, and will be available to play soon. You can check all of these out in the Champion Skins section in the notes below.
In addition, there’s now a hefty batch of Champion changes to peruse, including for Alistar, Ezreal, Kha’Zix, Pyke, Riven, Sejuani, Trundle, Varus, Volibear, Wukong, and Zed. Be sure to keep checking back on these notes as we may see more tweaks in the coming days.
Riot’s not announced that Clash is back! Conqueror Clash is coming to the game next week, on the weekend after this patch goes live. It’ll run on July 11 and 12, and there are a few tweaks to the mode this time around, which we’ve included for you in the notes below.
And, last but certainly not least, Nexus Blitz – the 5v5 game mode – is making a return! The mode and its new map, which looks like it’s set in the Ionian forest, are up on the PBE. Take a look at the map below, and read more about the mode at this dev blog.
We’ll be sure to put everything you need to know right here. In the meantime, here are the notes for LoL patch 10.14!
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 10.14 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
As reflected in the 2020 League of Legends patch schedule, LoL patch 10.14 will go live on Wednesday, July 8, 2020. Maintenance times have now been confirmed, and it’ll begin begin at 03:00 AM PT for NA servers, 05:00 UK for EUW servers, and 03:00 CET for EUNE servers, and last for approximately three hours.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 10.14 BALANCE CHANGES
Alistar – buffed
- Pulverise (Q):
- Ability’s cooldown decreased to 15/14/13/12/11 from 17/16/15/14/13
Ezreal – nerfed
- Arcane Shift (E):
- Ability’s cooldown increased to 28/25/22/19/16 from 25/22/19/16/13
Karthus – changed
- Karthus’ health increased to 550 from 528 Karthus’ movespeed increased to 335 from 325
- Lay Waste (Q):
- Damage increased to [50/70/90/110/130 (+35% AP)] from [45/65/85/105/125 (+30% AP)]
- Damage dealt to monsters decreased to 85% from 100%
- Defile (E):
- Mana Restore effect changed to [all the time] from [only when spell you Toggle Off]
Kha’Zix – buffed
- Taste Their Fear (Q):
- Impact multiplier if target is isolated increased to 2.2 from 2
Pyke – changed
- Armour per level decreased to 3.5 from 5 MR per level decreased to 1.25 from 1.5
- Ghostwater Dive (W):
- Movement speed decreased to 40% from 40/45/50/55/60%
- Phantom Undertow (E):
- Damage dealt increased to 105/135/165/195/225 from 95/125/155/185/215
- Bone Skewer (Q):
- This ability’s damage increased to 85/135/185/235/285 from 75/125/175/225/275
- Mana cost adjusted to 50/55/60/65/70 from 70
Riven – buffed
- Runic Blade (Passive):
- Damage dealt increased to 30-60% (scales alongside Riven’s level) from 25-50%
Sejuani – buffed
- Permafrost (E):
- Damage dealt increased to 55/105/155/205/255 from 40/90/140/190/240
Trundle – nerfed
- Frozen Domain (W):
- Ability’s attack speed decreased to 20/40/60/80/100% from 30/47.5/65/82.5/100%
Varus – nerfed
- Piercing Arrow (Q):
- Ability’s maximum damage AD ratio decreased to [125-145% according to Varus’s spell rank] from 150%
- Minimum damage AD ratio also decreased, to [83-97% according to Varus’ spell rank] from 100%
- Hail of Arrows (E):
- Damage dealt decreased to 50/90/130/170/210 from 70/105/140/175/210
Volibear – nerfed
- Voli’s basic attack speed decreased to .625 from .66
- Frenzied Maul (W):
- Effectiveness of healing from attack on wounded monsters and minions halved to 50% from 100%
Wukong – nerfed
- Cyclone (R):
- Duration of knockup decreased to .6 from .75
Zed – buffed
- Living Shadow (W):
- Speed of ability’s missile increased to 2500 from 1750
- Cooldown decreased to 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 from 22/20/18/16/14
Ghost – buffed
- Ghost’s movement speed effect increased to 24-48% from 20-40%
Warding Totem (Trinket) – changed
- Time interval between charge stores decreased to 175-120 seconds from 240-120 seconds
- (GreaterBelugaWhale via [email protected]: “Clarification on the trinket change. Trinkets conserve the cooldown you’ve earned when you swap them (ie: swapping from Yellow trinket with 0 ammo, but 30s into the ammo recharge to Red Trinket will give you 30s into Red Trinket’s CD), but do not let you overcap on CD (ie: swapping from Yellow trinket with 2 ammo to Red won’t let you cast Red Trinket multiple times back to back).This is not changing. What is changing is that on LIVE at the start of the game, we credit you one Yellow Trinket’s worth of CD (240s). Now we are crediting you one Red Trinket’s worth of CD, but loaning you the remaining CD needed to cast a Yellow Trinket from your NEXT trinket usage so that you can still start the game with a ward.
This means if you start yellow, you’ll get your first ammo but your next one will come in (175 – 90) + 175) = 260s, rather than just 175s. 175 was chosen here to keep to rough number of wards you would get from yellow trinket the same as Live.
The effect of this change is that if you start Yellow and stay with Yellow, or start Red and stay with Red, you won’t notice much of a difference. But if you start Yellow, place a ward and swap to red before minions spawn, you are no longer getting a significant advantage.”
Predator (Domination Keystone)
- Damage dealt increased to [40-120] from [30-90]
- Cooldown decreased to [90-60] from [100-70]
Good morning everybody! Here’s a list of design-related changes going into today’s PBE build. pic.twitter.com/YECIA2uNSg
— Black Lives Matter (@itslowbo) June 26, 2020
And here’s a patch preview indicating which Champs are in for changes this patch:
Updated 10.14 preview.
Replies to our work has been really useful, we appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions.
Yes, we also get spammed with "buff my main" stuff, but I gotta appreciate that people are passionate so no shame. pic.twitter.com/0sBZRuNoDT
— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) June 30, 2020
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 10.14 NEW SKINS
Arcanist Kog’Maw – 1350 RP
“The diminutive familiar of a famed sorcerer, Kog’maw was mistreated and neglected for years as his master pursued the arcane arts. Thanks to a chance meeting with Zoe, he was released from servitude to travel the land with her… ultimately enrolling in the same school Zoe technically attends.”
Here’s the ARCANIST KOG’MAW splash art:
Arcanist Shaco – 1350 RP
“Vile warlock and wanted criminal, Shaco is a dangerous creature whose mind was shattered during experimental soul duplication rituals. At some point he came into possession of a rare and powerful book of spells, amplifying the threat of his monstrous arcane sorcery.”
Here’s the ARCANIST SHACO splash art:
Arcanist Zoe – 1350 RP
“A promising student of magic at the Arcanist Academy, Zoe has ignored the advice of her headmaster and embarked upon a grand adventure the likes of which she is utterly unprepared for. Considering her penchant for sewing chaos wherever she goes, the world might be more unprepared than she is.”
Here’s the ARCANIST ZOE splash art:
Arcanist Zoe Prestige Edition – 100 Prestige points
Here’s the ARCANIST ZOE PRESTIGE splash art:
Conqueror Nautilus – 975 RP OR BUNDLED
Riot’s releasing the CONQUEROR NAUTILUS skin to celebrate the 2020 LoL Esports Spring Split Champions! “Even though the Mid-Season Invitational could not be held this year,” the studio says, “the Conqueror Nautilus skin will still celebrate the teams that qualified. We will be sharing 25% of the proceeds to the Spring Split Champions across all 12 regional leagues.” You can read more about this on a dev blog post here.
Here’s the CONQUEROR NAUTILUS splash art:
INFERNAL KARTHUS – 1350 RP
INFERNAL KENNEN – 1350 RP
Here’s the joint INFERNAL KARTHUS and INFERNAL KENNEN splash art:
INFERNAL VEL’KOZ – 1350 RP
Here’s the INFERNAL VEL’KOZ splash art:
“Team signups open Monday, July 6, for a special one-weekend Conqueror Clash tournament! Matches will be held on Saturday, July 11 and Sunday, July 12 – check the client for your region’s schedule. While most of Clash’s standard rules apply, there are a few special adjustments:
Victory Point rewards have been streamlined to reflect the single-weekend timeframe:
– 400 VP: Banner Level 1
– 600 VP: Banner Level 2
– 1000 VP: Banner Level 3
Premium ticket rewards have also been amped up! In addition to your standard Capsule rewards, you’ll also receive Conqueror loot:
– Placing 1st through 5th in your bracket rewards a random Legacy Conqueror skin permanent (Karma, Varus, or Alistar)
– Placing 6th through 8th in your bracket rewards a Legacy Conqueror skin shard (Karma, Varus, or Alistar)
That’s all we’ve got for League of Legends patch 10.14 right now, but do keep checking back over the next couple of weeks, as bunch more Champion changes are likely to arrive.
Also go take a good look at LoL patch 10.13 to see what’s just arriving in the live game right as of right now, along with our LoL tier list which should be handy in helping you pick out the best League of Legends Champions to play in each role as of the latest patch.