Update – November 3, 2021: 11.22 has headed to live! Check out our League of Legends patch 11.23 notes to see what’s coming up next, with Preseason 2022 changes and more on the way.
Now that League of Legends patch 11.21 has made its way to live servers, it’s time to take a look at what’s next for Riot’s popular MOBA game. We’re slowly coming to the end of the League of Legends’ 2021 patch schedule, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty still ahead.
The headline of this patch is the raft of Preseason 2022 changes. Riot says that the tweaks will be available on the PBE for the next four weeks to ensure the team gets all the feedback it needs before going live with the final set of updates in November. The developer also says that things are pretty early, so expect changes to things like icons, item and effect names, visual and sound effects, stat values, and more.
That’s not all you’re getting, though. Jayce and Vi are also getting some rather dapper looking Arcane skins, while Blizcrank will have a Victorious skin, as victorious is he. The patch cycle has just begun, so there’s still much more to come, but we’re off to a nifty start.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at what’s in store for Lol patch 11.22 (thanks, Surrenderat20!):
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.22 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
As per the League of Legends 2021 patch schedule, League of Legends patch 11.22 is due to go live on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Maintenance times haven’t yet been confirmed, but usually begin at 3am PT for NA servers, 5am UK time for EUW servers, and 3am CET for EUNE servers, and last for approximately three hours.
It’s worth remembering, though, that the Preseason content is hanging around for four weeks, so not everything you see here will be going live on that date.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PRESEASON 2022 BALANCE CHANGES
- Standard Buff
- Now grants bonus damage against enemies that have more current health than you (up to a 5% increase in damage per stack)
- Dragon Soul
- If your team obtains the Chemtech Dragon Soul, they get a buff that grants them a brief second life if they die
- Gas zones emerge in four jungle locations when the terrain transforms for the Chemtech Drake, giving any champion camouflage within the zone.
- Camouflaged enemies are not revealed by regular vision wards, but are revealed by Control Wards, Scryer’s Blooms, and other things that reveal invisible units.
- Standard Buff
- Grants attack speed and ability haste to the team that delivers the killing blow (five ability haste and 5% attack speed per stack)
- Dragon Soul
- Obtain the Hextech Dragon Soul to gain a unique ability that adds a chain lightning slow to your basic attacks and abilities, with a moderate cooldown
- When the terrain transforms for the Hextech Drake, pairs of Hex-gates appear across the map, allowing you to quickly travel from one location to the paired counterpart.
- Hex-gates are activated with a brief channel (that can be interrupted by stuns or damage) before rapidly transporting you across the map to the corresponding Hex-gate.
- Baron/Elder Dragon – 500g
- Dragon/Rift Herald – 500g
- Outer Turret – 250g
- Inner Turret – 400g
- Base turret – 400g
First Strike (Inspiration Keystone)
- “Attacks or abilities against an enemy champion within 0.25s of entering champion combat grants 5 gold and First Strike for 3 seconds, causing you to deal 10% extra true damage against champions, and granting 100% (70% for ranged champions) of bonus damage dealt as gold”.
Here’s a rundown from Riot on the new rune if you’re keen to know more!
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.22 BALANCE CHANGES
Akali – buffed
- Assassin’s Mark (Passive):
- Damage dealt increased to [35-182 (+55% AP)] from [29-170 (+40% AP)]
Graves – nerfed
- New Destiny (Passive):
- Pellet crit damage dealt decreased to 20% from 30%
Kalista – buffed
- Rend (E):
- Attack Damage increased to 70% from 60%
Kayn – buffed
- Reaping Slash (Q):
- Darkin Slayer form damage dealt increased to [65% AD (+5% (+6% per 100 bonus AD) target’s maximum health)] from [65% AD (+5% (+4% per 100 bonus AD) target’s maximum health)]
- Umbral Trespass (R):
- Darkin Slayer form damage dealt increased to [15% (+13% per 100 bonus AD) target’s maximum health] from [10% (+13% per 100 bonus AD) target’s maximum health]
Kha’Zix – nerfed
- Taste Their Fear (Q):
- AD dealt decreased to 11% bAD from 130% bAD
Maokai – nerfed
- Sap Magic (Passive):
- Healing effect decreased to [5-65 (+5-15% maximum health)] from [5-65 (+7-15% max health)]
- Twisted Advance (W):
- Damage dealt decreased to 60/85/110/135/160 from 70/95/120/145/170
Qiyana – changed
- Qiyana’s base health decreased to 520 from 590
- HP per level increased to 110 from 90
- Edge of Ixtal (Q):
- Damage dealt decreased to [50/80/110/140/170 (+80% bonus AD)] from [60/85/110/135/160 (+90% bonus AD)]
- Audacity (E):
- Damage dealt changed to [50/90/130/170/210 (+60% AP)] from [50/80/110/140/170 (+70% AP)]
Renekton – changed
- Ruthless Predator (W):
- Stun changes from League of Legends patch 11.19 have been reverted
Riven – buffed
- Ki Burst (W):
- Damage dealt increased to 65/95/125/155/185 from 55/85/115/145/175
- Valor (E):
- Shield Attack Damage ratio increased to 120% from 100%
Yuumi – nerfed
- Zoomies (E):
- Healing effect decreased to [70/100/130/160/190 (+35% AP)] from [70/105/140/175/210 (+40% AP)]
- Movement speed decreased to [15 (+6% AP)%] from [15 (10% AP)%]
Here’s Riot’s early patch preview:
11.22 Patch Preview with Content!
Small nudge to Gore but it’ll still be a fair bit weaker than last patch. This is the last patch before preseason! pic.twitter.com/kbkfIkgbYc
— Phlox (@RiotPhlox) October 26, 2021
- Health increased to 450 from 400 Omnivamp increased to 10% from 8%
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.22 CHAMPION SKINS
Arcane Jayce – 975 RP on the pbe
“Celebrating the RiotX Arcane event.”
Here’s the ARCANE JAYCE splash art:
Arcane vi – 975 RP on the Pbe
“Celebrating the RiotX Arcane event.”
Here’s the ARCANE VI splash art:
Victorious Blizcrank – 1350 RP
Here’s VICTORIOUS BLIZCRANK’S splash art:
So there you go! Those are all the notes for LoL patch 11.22 for now, but keep heading back to check them out as there’s sure to be lots more to eyeball and delve into ahead of the patch’s arrival very soon. It’s only the start of the cycle, after all.
Also be sure to go catch up on the LoL patch 11.21 notes – it’s a big update, and there’s plenty on the way, so you’ll want to make sure you’re in the know on what’s about to drop now the patch is live. Plus, we have a LoL tier list which has all you need to know about the best League of Legends Champions to play in each role as of the latest patch.