Lies of P patch notes 1.2 are here, and the main focus is making the game just a little bit easier, nerfing some of its toughest boss fights and buffing your carry weight and parries. If you’ve been playing the ‘Pinocchio does Bloodborne’ fairytale soulslike, and finding some of its encounters to be a bit too challenging, this Lies of P update should make your life a little more bearable.
Lies of P patch 18.104.22.168 decreases the health of some monsters out in the wild, as well as that of the Dimensional Butterflies and three of the most notorious Lies of P bosses. It also lowers the damage dealt by one of them, and increases the chance to break the stance of several monsters in the RPG game as well as the window of time they can be staggered for.
Drop rates have also been adjusted for several items, meaning it will now be harder to farm Lies of P Star Fragments, but easier to get Moonstones and Ergo items. You’ll also get increased carry weight per point you invest into Capacity, and the ‘guard parry’ fable art has been improved – successfully landing it will now break the opposing monster’s stance.
Developer Neowiz has also made it easier to respec in Lies of P, with adjustments to the required gold coins and the ability to reset your level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the gold coin tree. There’s also improved support for Sony’s PlayStation controllers, the DualShock 4 and DualSense, which includes the ability for the touchpad to be used to open the menu.
Lies of P patch notes – update 22.214.171.124 – Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Here are the full Lies of P patch 1.2 notes, courtesy of Neowiz.
- Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters’ stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
- Decreased the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
Boss Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of ‘Fallen Archbishop Andreus’
- Decreased the HP of ‘King of Puppets’ in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of ‘Simon Manus, Arm of God’
- Decreased the damage of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the chance to break the stance of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the Specter’s HP and damage
Drop Rate Changes
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade
Character Progression Reset Changes
- Added the feature to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the Gold Coin Tree
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art ‘Guard Parry’ will now break the monster’s stance
- Now supports the DualShock 4 and DualSense controllers on Windows devices
- After today’s update, if the DualShock 4 and DualSense UI does not appear properly please follow the steps below:
- Steam Library -> Right Click Lies of P -> Properties -> Controller
- Disable Steam Input
- The DualShock 4 and DualSense controller’s touch pad can be used to open the menu
- Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium II – Acid Charge’ rarely not working properly
- Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium’ consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that Geppetto’s face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the ‘Nameless Puppet’ with Graphic Quality Presets – Low
- Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)
Between these changes and careful use of the best Lies of P weapons, you should be able to blast through the game’s toughest fights with ease. Once you’re done, take a look through the best games like Dark Souls to line up your next challenge.