PUBG’s new Team Deathmatch mode was recently confirmed as part of patch 6.2. Now the battle royale game’s next offering of Season 6 goodies is upon us, so it’s time to check out what’s included with PUBG update 6.2.
First up, there’s that little matter of the new Team Deathmatch mode – which promises to throw something exciting and challenging into the mix. The mode adds “intense 8v8 FPP [first-person perspective] fights on seven different battlefields pulled from your favourite maps” packed with “classic PUBG gunplay and mechanics, with all the fun and action of respawning back into the fight”, developer PUBG Corp. announces.
But that’s not all – there’s a bunch of gameplay changes to the way grenades work, across the different types, as well as a hefty increase to the damage Molotov cocktails can do; the speed at which their fire spreads is now up 50%. Plus, there are updates to peeking and leaning around to the right, blood VFX, parachuting, and one of the PUBG new maps, Karakin – and more.
Read on to check out the PUBG 6.2 update notes in full (via PUBG Corp.)
PUBG Patch 6.2 New Team Deathmatch Game Mode
Here’s an overview of the PUBG patch 6.2 new Team Deathmatch game mode:
- 8 vs 8
- FPP only
- Weapon Spawn Kits
- No knockdowns
- No friendly fire
The new mode can be accesses via the Arcade section in the game’s menu. Read more about PUBG Team Deathmatch here.
PUBG PATCH 6.2 Gameplay Changes
- Vests now mitigate damage received from Frag Grenades, but vest durability isn’t reduced when taking damage from Frags.
- Damage mitigation amount is dependent on the level of vest worn by the player, with the same % reduction as for bullet damage.
- Frags will deal 20% less damage to prone players.
- Item weight increased by 50%.
- Each Frag Grenade now takes 27 inventory capacity, up from 18.
- Pulling the pin of a Frag is now louder and audible from further away.
- Decreased fuse time from 3 seconds to 1 second.
- Increased indirect hit effect radius
- Up to 6.5m, from 5.5m.
- Ringing sound now impacts players through walls
- This matches the Frag Grenade mechanic, although the impact effects a smaller radius.
- Added slight camera shake to players near the explosion.
- Default fuse time mechanic:
- Stuns now explode 0.7 sec after first impact, or after fuse timer runs out, whichever comes first.
- Fuse time without cooking has been increased to 5 sec.
- 2.5 second fuse timer when cooking the stun remains unchanged.
- Increased the speed at which fire spreads by 50%.
- Fire can now spread slightly further, with an increased damage radius.
- Changed the way fire spreads around objects. Fire will now more consistently reach the back side of objects (especially thin objects like trees).
- Re-introduced direct damage while standing in fire, in additional to existing damage over time.
- Players in fire will now take an additional 10 damage per second
- Fire now reaches higher and should be obstructed less by small objects.
Frag and Stun Grenade visual effects have also been updated, alongside a more realistic Frag Grenade sound.
Right Peeking and Leaning
- Players viewing their opponent from the right side of objects will now have more of their body exposed
- The player’s head will lean slightly more towards the scope when ADS, so that character’s head is more exposed
- Made adjustments to some weapons to have characters body be more exposed when peering to the right of objects
PUBG PATCH 6.2 Map CHANGES
- G36C and MP5K have been added to Karakin
- Spawn rate of First Aid Kits and boost items have been increased
- Spawn rate of bandages has been decreased
- Spawn rate of DMR, SR and Win94 on Karakin has been decreased
- Increased care package airplane speed to move faster across the island
Adjusted Blue Zone effects
- Distortion effect has been removed
- Altered effect where the Blue Zone meets the ground, to more clearly identify the Blue Zone edge
- Lowered the top wall of the Blue Zone
- Updated visual shaders
- Effects will become more intense as phases progress
- Changed sounds for entering and exiting the Blue Zone
PUBG PATCH 6.2 Miscellaneous CHANGES
Blood Effects Visibility Improvement
- Increased blood colour saturation over distance for better visibility
- Added distance scaling to blood effects
Parachute ‘Follow’ Feature
Added parachute follow feature to help teammates land together
- During the pre-match countdown, follow UI will be shown at the bottom left of the screen.
- Open the map to select a teammate to follow.
- You can still select a teammate to follow up until exiting the plane.
- After selecting a teammate to follow, you can cancel on the map screen, or also by holding F while in the plane, or while actively following a player in your parachute.
- If you’re obstructed by terrain or an object, your follow will be cancelled.
Performance has been improved with additional WorldOriginShift optimizations.
Custom Match and Observer
- Custom match
- Erangel classic has been removed
- Observing UI polishing
- Adjusted the sidearm weapon slot in the name layout UI to have weapon icon centered
- Made fine grid adjustments on the all areas of name layout UI
- Default pattern of team number (logo) area has been modified
- This pattern is displayed when not using the logo. Fixed the pattern area so that stripe pattern is displayed properly on trapezoidal shape.
- Relevant UIs are player list, name layout and team list
Survivor Pass: Shakedown
PUBG Corp. says: “The 2nd track of Survivor Pass missions has been unlocked, along with 6 new Karakin exclusive missions! Please note that new missions will be unlocked after the Live server update!”
- Detailed list of missions
- Survive for more than 3 minutes in Karakin
- Destroy 2 destructible walls with sticky bombs
- Survive 2 times in the Black Zone
- Drop into a named location on Karakin
- Weapon Mastery Balancing
- Early levels of Weapon Mastery now require less XP to earn. As a result of this change, players may find that some of their Weapon
- Mastery levels are slightly higher than before.
- Due to a technical issue, the PUBG ID feature has been temporarily disabled.
PUBG PATCH 6.2 – PUBG Labs Updates
LABS: Skill Based Rating – Second Test
PUBG Corp says: “A big thank you to all the players who checked out PUBG Labs and took part in the first test earlier this year! We’ve poured through all your feedback and other data from the test” – and you can see the changes below:
- Players will need to complete 5 placement matches to earn a rank in the new test.
- The highest initial placement rank is Platinum 4 (2600 RP).
- The overall algorithm used has been tuned based on data and feedback from the first test.
- Assists now influence your rating.
- Assists are considered to be the same value as Kills for the purpose of RP gains and losses.
- Any kills resulting from friendly fire will count as negative kills
- The maximum amount of RP that can be gained or lost after a match is now dynamic per tier, with lower tiers having a larger cap than higher tiers.
- The expected performance of players in the Master tier will now increase at every 100 RP above 3500, making it much more difficult to climb in Master tier the higher a player rises
- The highest RP a player can reach is now 5000.
The next PUBG Labs test runs from February 19 through March 4.
PUBG PATCH 6.2 UI/UX UPDATES
Friends List UI improvement
- Visual improvement on friends list has been made
- A new icon to distinguish on/offline state has been added
- Improved ID search button UI
- Leave team button has been relocated to the team tab
- Button features which were provided in icons are now available in the context menu on the left
- Hover the mouse cursor on the ID to bring the context menu
- ‘Invite’, ‘Follow/Unfollow’, ‘Profile’, and ‘Kick’ functions can be used on the context menu
- Online users are listed on the top and offline users are listed separately on the foldable list
- Slots in the Team tab are separated into 4 slots. Slots are activated accordingly to selected game mode (Solo/Duo/Squad)
- Host player will be displayed with a star on the top left of the ID
Invite button has been added on the Career page
- Key guide text displayed on the starting island has been modified
- It will be displayed in nouns just like other options which have no direct effect on the game play (Map, Mission List, Inventory etc.)
- Alt+K: Toggle Key Hint → Alt+K: On-Screen Key Guide
- Added brightness adjustment for Karakin
PUBG PATCH 6.2 Bugfixes
- Resolved issue which allowed a players breath gauge to instantly recover in certain situations when coming out of the water
- Resolved issue that prevented players from being moved to their correct spawn location when vaulting at match start in War Mode using ground respawn
- Resolved issue with player death boxes blocking grenade damage
- Resolved issue with care packages not blocking grenade damage
- Resolved issue with the headshot blood effects blocking vision in FPP
- Resolved issue which preventing healing/boost item animations from playing when spamming the use hotkey
- Resolved issue of some object edges becoming transparent when close to the blue zone
- Minor map bug fixes on Erangel and Karakin
Skins and Items
- When a female character wearing Rapture Squad Gloves with tattoo sleeve, wrist looks transparent
- Visual issue with character model’s arm when wearing the Tenebres Combat Vest
- Visual issue with PGI Title Leggings when equipped with certain multi-slot shoes
- Fixed issue in replays which could prevent certain players from being displayed on the minimap
- Fixed issue in replays which would display incorrect grid sizes on some maps
- Reduced volume of Sticky Bomb sound effects, as they were louder than intended