Rainbow Six Siege‘s new midseason update has hit the FPS game’s live servers, and with it comes a batch of nerfs for some of the best Rainbow Six Siege operators: Jager, Goyo, Mozzie, Buck, and Kaid. Read on for the full Rainbow Six Siege Year 5 S1.2 patch notes to see what’s just hit the game.
First up, the Goyo nerf that Ubisoft recently said was directed at the current pro meta (“which is currently utility heavy”) has arrived, decreasing his number of Volcán shields to two down from the previous three. In a recent designer’s notes post, the studio says it hopes this change “will alleviate some of the frustration stemming from his increased influence at a professional level”.
There’s also a Jager nerf now live, which makes him a “two speed, two armour operator” – and “less of a pain-in-the-schnitzel”, the studio jokes. In the recent test server notes, Ubisoft said: “Jager is a very strong roamer and multiple data points demonstrate his huge presence in-game. To make his presence a bit less oppressive in-game, we’re looking to moderate that by reducing his roaming potential”.
But that’s not all – Buck, Mozzie, and Kaid are all seeing some pretty significant changes, too, with the former’s frag grenades now swapped out for clalymores instead, and skeleton key magazine capacity now increased.
The Y5S1.2 update will deploy in an hour.
— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) April 21, 2020
Read on to check out the Rainbow Six Siege Y5S1.2 patch notes in full (via Ubisoft):
- Update – the quick match map pool will remain the same throughout Y5S1 and will rotate again in Y5S2.
With you ’til the end of the line.
- Frag Grenades replaced with Claymores.
- Increased Skeleton Key Magazine Capacity:
- Skeleton Key magazine capacity increased to 5 + 1
- Skeleton Key max ammo count is now 25+1
Less is more.
- Reduced number of Volcán shields to 2 (down from 3).
Less of a pain-in-the-schnitzel.
- Now a two-speed/two-armour operator.
Still a shortie.
- Removed Super Shorty secondary.
Lights, Camera, Action!
- Increased number of Candelas to 4 (up from 3).
- Replaced Claymores with Smoke Grenades.
- Increased T-95 LSW damage to 46 (up from 43).
- Added a Razor Holographic Sight option to her M12.
TCSG12 (KAID, GOYO)
- Added an additional magazine to the TCSG12.
- Reduced TCSG12 damage to 57 (down from 84).
- FIXED – Barricade replication issues where the barricade is not destroyed for all players in game except the shooter.
- FIXED – The Dynamic Play button does not update properly when last match was on an Event/Discovery playlist.
- FIXED – Players can clip inside the excavator in EXT Construction Site of Oregon.
- FIXED – Game boots with DX11 when players manually select the Vulkan executable in the steam installation folder.
- FIXED – Minor menu/shop visual and cosmetic fixes.