How do I unlock the Remnant 2 Archon? The question that plagued the Remnant 2 community during its first week after launch has finally been solved. While Gunfire Games has stuffed its sequel with plenty of secrets to keep fans busy, unlocking this secret archetype is a real headscratcher, and it’s proven as popular as it is elusive thanks to its powerful suite of abilities.
In order to unlock the Archon in Remnant 2, we’ve compiled a straightforward list of the parameters required to access the corrupted biome in The Labyrinth and enter the action-adventure game‘s mysterious Backrooms. Before you begin, it’s vital that you unlock the Invader and Explorer classes, since you’ll need their dual archetype combination in order to begin to unlock the Remnant 2 Archon.
How to unlock the Archon in Remnant 2
The Remnant 2 Archon can be unlocked by equipping certain archetypes, weapons, and items, then journeying through the corrupted biome in The Labyrinth to access the Backrooms and retrieve the Strange Box.
Here’s everything you need to unlock the Archon in Remnant 2:
- Fortune Hunter (Explorer skill) – Unlock the Explorer and reach Archetype Level 10 to unlock.
- Worm Hole (Invader skill) – Unlock the Invader and reach Archetype Level 5.
- Realmwalker armor set – Start a new character as an Explorer. Alternatively, purchase the set from Whispers in Ward 13 for 2,725 Scrap after beating the campaign.
- Ford’s Scattergun (Long Gun) – Start a new character as an Explorer. Alternatively, give the Red Queen of Yaesha the Thaen Seed or Ornate Lockbox in exchange for the Seal of the Empress ring. Equip it, then travel to the Library to reveal the secret area containing Ford’s Scattergun.
- Labyrinth Staff (Melee Weapon) – Follow the path to the left of the portal that cycles through different areas, then step off the ledge after the short flight of stairs. Follow the path that opens up beneath you, then leap over a platform and defeat the Bastion-corrupted boss. The Labyrinth Staff is resting on an altar just behind where it spawns.
- Cube Gun (Handgun) – Defeat the Labyrinth Sentinel as part of the campaign.
- Void Heart (Relic) – Defeat Sha’Hala: Spectral Guardian on N’Erud for The Custodian, then wait 12 hours to gain access to Alepsis-Taura, which contains the Void Heart.
- Leto’s Amulet (Amulet) – Purchase from Reggie in Ward 13 for 1,000 Scrap after ‘flop’ dodging in front of him 100 times. You can achieve maximum encumbrance by equipping your heaviest armor.
- Zania’s Malice (Ring) – Acquire from Ashen Wasteland on Root Earth by proceeding through a hole in a wall just after the checkpoint in the collapsed building.
- Anastasija’s Inspiration (Ring) – Purchase from Whispers in Ward 13 for 3,000 Scrap.
- Black Cat Band (Ring) – Die a total of 15 times to purchase it from Reggie for 500 Scrap.
- Amber Moonstone (Ring) – Purchase from Cass for 500 Scrap. Her shop rotation refreshes every 30 minutes, so check back later if it’s currently unavailable.
Once your character is built to the above specifications, travel to the Fractured Ingress world stone in The Labyrinth. Approach the portal that periodically switches to different areas, and wait until it displays strange white lights suspended above a platform. Once you step through the portal, be prepared to fall a short distance before a path appears underneath you. Proceed forward as more stone platforms rise to form a narrow path leading to an enclave of portals. The corrupted biome can be found on the right-hand side – the red, glitching particles make it easy to identify.
Use the Biome Portal Key on the corrupted biome to enter the Backrooms. You have 0nly a minute and a half to explore this maze, so be sure to sprint and use the Fortune Hunter skill to help you find the Strange Box. This serves as the primary crafting material required to create the Remnant 2 Archon engram, so take it to Wallace in Ward 13 in order to craft the Hexahadron Engram.
Here are the Hexahadron Engram crafting materials:
- Strange Box
- 1,000 Scrap
- Ten Luminite Crystals
Remnant 2 Archon skill and perks
The Remnant 2 Archon class is an elemental, damage-oriented caster that features buffed mods and AoE crowd control as the basis of its kit. Here are the Remnant 2 Archon skills and perks.
- Reality Rune – Conjures a seven meter protective dome that applies Slow to any enemy or enemy projectile. Allies inside gain 25% damage reduction.
- Chaos Gate – Conjures a seven meter unstable zone which grants allies a 15% increase to all damage dealt, 25% increased mod generation, but increases the damage that allies take by 15%.
- Havoc Form – Unleashes the powers of the Labyrinth to empower the caster with new abilities.
- Fire: Blasts lightning tendrils from the Archon’s hand, dealing 84.2 Shock damage per second to targets within 15 meters.
- Aim: Raises a three meter energy shield that deals 35 Shock damage per second and reduces incoming damage to all allies by 50%.
- Dodge: Performs a Blink Evade that deals 100 Shock damage to enemies within three meters.
- Tempest – Automatically generates two Mod Power per second. Casting a mod increases all mod generation by 50% for six seconds.
- Amplify – Increases mod damage by 5%.
- Spirit Within – Reduces the Mod Power requirement for all mods by 15%.
- Power Leak – Using a relic grants 200 Mod Power for both equipped mods.
Archon archetype trait
- Flash Caster – Increases mod and skill casting speed by 5% per trait point.
Congratulations, you’ve unlocked the Remnant 2 Archon! A powerful caster is sure to be a boon when going up against powerful Remnant 2 bosses, so be sure to perform a trait points reset if you’re planning to take full advantage of this secret archetype’s unique abilities. After that, kick back and relax with our Remnant 2 review – you’ve earned the break.