Want to know how to beat Fortnite Darth Vader? Now that Halloween’s over, the long-running battle royale game introduces the Skywalker Week quests. Along with minor updates to the Fortnite map, there are changes to the new and rebalanced Fortnite weapons. However, it’s the reappearance of the Sith Lord that most people will be talking about; at least, he’s supposed to be Vader, though he could be an NPC wearing a convincing Darth Vader Fortnite skin.
Either way, if you fancy trying to eliminate this Fortnite Darth Vader wannabe, we recommend you team up with at least one other person. One person should focus on taking down the Stormtroopers, while everyone else in the squad should shoot at Darth Vader. To give you a fighting chance, we’ll go over where to find the Darth Vader location and how to beat him below.
Fortnite Darth Vader location
As soon as you enter the battle bus at the start of a match, there’s a chance an Imperial shuttle will enter the map. It’ll overtake the bus and eventually land in the forest south of Greasy Grove. A beacon will then appear for everyone to see. It may be tempting to head there immediately, but that would be a grave mistake as Darth Vader and several Stormtroopers will patrol the area near the shuttle.
How to kill him and get the Darth Vader lightsaber
As part of the Skywalker Week quests, you may wish to help take down the Sith Lord for good and grab yourself the Darth Vader lightsaber. Here are our top tips for fighting Darth Vader in Fortnite:
- Stay a moderate distance away from Vader. If you go too far, he has a leaping attack that does a ton of damage.
- Vader is weak to rapid-fire weapons with a large magazine. This is because he eventually lets his guard down if he’s hit repeatedly by gunfire. So a Stormtrooper’s E-11 Blaster Rifle is a perfect option.
- He has a lot of shields and a decent health pool, so make sure you take fast-healing items such as the Med Mist and Chug Splash, or you can deploy a Chug Jug to keep your shields up.
- He can throw his lightsaber like a boomerang, so take cover wherever you can to avoid this attack.
- He can also use the Force to pull you in, so make sure to run as fast as you can so he doesn’t attack you with his lightsaber.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro$179.99VIEWNetwork N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
Once you take Darth Vader down, he leaves behind his lightsaber. It’s similar to the others that appeared towards the end of the previous season, however, it does have an extra attack: if you hold the right mouse button to aim, then left-click to throw, it’ll act as a boomerang.
With Darth Vader falling in battle, there are still plenty of other things for you to get on with. You may wish to find all of the Fortnite malfunctioning mending machines or mending machines to complete challenges, or defeat the Herald boss to get her unique weapon.