What are the Fortnite Overtime challenges for season 9? It’s happened a few times over the nearly two years we’ve been battling it out on Epic Games’ island but, once again, we will not be transitioning to the next season after ten standard weeks of challenges: the Fortnite season 10 release date has been delayed by a couple of weeks, and we need some more activities to keep us going.
And, as with pretty much all the side quests in this battle royale game, the Fortnite Overtime challenges were leaked ahead of time. There were a few changes from the original information, but it was mostly correct. There isn’t anything too tricky: most involve simply playing the game and cracking on with your Battle Pass – which you would if you’ve been getting the cosmetics you need to keep up with your Fortnite Fortbytes locations challenges, anyway.
That said, if you’re struggling to get through your premium progression system, the Fortnite Overtime challenges will give you a hefty chunk of XP rewards to help you secure your remaining Fortnite skins and other cosmetics. Anyway, let’s skip to how you can get these rewards: below you’ll find the Overtime challenges for season 9.
Fortnite Overtime challenges season 9 listed
Here’s is the full Overtime challenges list:
- Stage 1 of 2: reach Battle Pass tier 23
- Stage 2 of 2: complete free Overtime challenges (3)
- Stage 1 of 1: reach Battle Pass tier 71
- Stage 2 of 2: complete free Overtime challenges (6)
- Stage 1 of 2: reach Battle Pass tier 87
- Stage 2 of 2: complete free Overtime challenges (9)
- Eliminate others with the assistance of a friend in your party (25)
- Damage opponents with shotguns (2500)
- Visit Loot Lake, Polar Peak, and Pressure Plant
- Revive a friend in different matches (3)
- Damage opponents with assault rifles (2500)
- Dance at a monster skeleton
- Place top 15 in duos or squads with a friend (5)
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (2500)
- Score a goal on a Fortnite indoor soccer pitch
On top of the XP boosts, styles, and loading screens you can get for completing these tasks, you also get a hefty whack of 15k XP if you complete all of them. And that’s not all when it comes to the tail end of season 9: the game’s second anniversary is coming up, so why not celebrate by dancing in front of different Fortnite birthday cakes? Eating the cake, probably, but this is a decent alternative.
And there you go, those are the live Fortnite Overtime challenges for season 9. If you’ve been lagging behind on your weekly challenges they’ll be a handy way to catching up. If you’re on the other end of the spectrum, make sure you’ve picked up the hidden Fortnite Singularity styles with which to freshen up your premium skin after collecting 90+ Fortbytes. Keep picking up those puzzle pieces to get to stages 2 and 3 of that outfit and set yourself apart from your mates.