Looking for the Genshin Impact 2.3 release date? The 2.2 update added the final piece of the Inazuma puzzle, Tsurumi Island, alongside two new hangout events and one new character – Thoma, a Pyro polearm user.
As the Inazuma storyline comes to a close, fans have their eye on the horizon and are already sifting through all the available information about the next update. There are still several new Genshin Impact characters who we’ve met as NPCs, but have yet to appear on a banner, and there are even rumours of a new area coming in the 2.4 update.
Dataminers and beta testers have shared plenty of information on the 2.3 update, and after the 2.3 livestream and trailer, we have a good idea of everything we can expect from the next update. Players will see the continuation of quests in the Dragonspine region, two new characters, and an adorable dog for the Serenitea Pot. However, as none of this content has been officially released yet, it’s all still subject to change.
Genshin Impact 2.3 release date
The Genshin Impact 2.3 release date is November 24, 2021.
Genshin Impact 2.3 new characters
There are two new Genshin Impact characters arriving as part of the 2.3 update – Arataki Itto and Gorou. Itto is a Geo claymore user and the leader of the Arataki gang, described by Mihoyo as “fast as the wind and mighty as thunder”. Gorou is a Geo bow user and a general in the Sangonomiya Resistance.
Genshin Impact 2.3 banners
Itto and Gorou will feature on a banner during the second half of the 2.3 update, as five and four-star characters respectively. 2.3 launches with two character event wishes simultaneously, featuring Albedo and Eula, but they share the same wish guarantee count
Genshin Impact 2.3 new weapons
The new weapons and artifact sets we know of so far are:
- Redhorn Stonethresher claymore
- Cinnabar Spindle sword
- Husk of Opulent Dreams artifact set
- Ocean-Hued Clam artifact set
Genshin Impact 2.3 new content
Some of the new content coming in the 2.3 update includes:
- Itto story quest
- Beidou and Gorou hangout events
- Omni-Ubiquity net: a device that allows you to catch animals in the overworld and bring them back to your teapot, received as an event reward
- A warrior dog that can be placed in the teapot
- Golden Wolflord boss
The following content is unconfirmed:
- A “Leisure Device: Rhythmic Sprinter” that can be used to create parkour trials in the Serenitea Pot
- A Spiral Abyss update that grants a buff to the ‘Crystallize’ reaction
- Lingering Moment: a picture frame for the teapot that can store hangout event memories
Genshin Impact 2.3 events
The upcoming Genshin Impact events are:
- Shadows amidst Snowstorms, the main 2.3 event, in which players embark on winter training activities in Dragonspine
- Energy Amplifier Fruition, similar to the 1.5 event Energy Amplifier Initiation
- Misty Dungeon: Realm of Light
- Bantan Sango Case Files: The Warrior Dog, an event in which you rescue animals
That’s everything we know about the next Genshin Impact update – there’s plenty more 2.2 content to enjoy in the meantime, so check out our Sayu hangout event guide and Thoma hangout event guide to find out how to unlock every ending.