Looking for the Genshin Impact Thoma rerun banner date? Thoma released as a new Genshin Impact character as part of the second banner of the 2.2 update way back in November 2021. He was also an NPC in the nation of Inazuma, and was introduced in the 2.0 update as the chief retainer of the Kamisato Clan.
According to Mihoyo, “He’s a rather special character. He has blond hair, different from most other Inazuma characters and his identity is naturally a bit of a mystery of its own. In terms of his personality, he’s very observant of people — a rather mature companion. Thoma is currently the chief retainer of the Kamisato Clan and has a certain level of association with the Kamisato siblings.”
His official title, revealed in a tweet from Genshin Impact, is ‘Kamisato Clan’s Housekeeper’. Thoma is a four-star Pyro polearm user, arriving alongside a rerun of Hu Tao. Here’s everything we know about Thoma’s abilities and when we can next expect to see his banner arrive in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact Thoma rerun Banner
Thoma will feature on both banners in the second phase of the Genshin Impact 3.2 update. These next banners are due to go live on November 18, and will feature 5-star characters Yae Miko and Tartaglia, otherwise known as Childe. Thoma will also be joined by fellow 4-star characters Heizou and Layla on both banners.
Genshin Impact Thoma abilities
Thoma’s abilities are now available from Honey Hunter World, although this could change before his release in the 2.2 update.
Normal Attack: Swiftshatter Spear
- Normal attack: Performs up to four consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged attack: Consumes a certain amount of stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the way.
- Plunging attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE damage upon impact.
Elemental Skill: Blazing Blessing
Thoma uses the tip of his spear as a pivot to channel flames and perform a kick that deals AoE Pyro damage and unleashes a defensive Blazing Barrier. At the moment it is unleashed, the Barrier grants Thoma a Pyro Infusion. The damage absorption of the Barrier is based on Thoma’s max HP.
Blazing Barrier absorbs Pyro damage 250% more effectively. The remaining damage absorption of an existing Blazing Barrier stacks and its duration refreshes if another Blazing Barrier is obtained during this time. The maximum damage absorption of the Barrier does not exceed a certain percentage of Thoma’s Max HP.
Elemental Burst: Crimson Ooyoroi
Thoma spins his spear, slicing through his foes with roaring fires that deal AoE Pyro damage, weaving themselves into a Scorching Panoply.
The Normal Attacks of active characters affected by the Scorching Panoply trigger Fiery Collapses that deal AoE Pyro damage and summon Blazing Barriers. One Fiery Collapse can be triggered every second.
The Blazing Barriers created in this way are identical to those created by Thoma’s Elemental Skill, Blazing Blessing, except in the amount of damage they can absorb. They absorb Pyro damage 250% more effectively. The remaining damage absorption of an existing Blazing Barrier stacks and its duration refreshes if another Blazing Barrier is obtained during this time.
The maximum damage absorption of the Barrier does not exceed a certain percentage of Thoma’s Max health. If Thoma falls, the effects of Scorching Panoply dissipates.
Thoma Passive Talents
- Free Fisher: Successful fishing attempts in Inazuma have a 20% chance of scoring a double catch.
- Imbricated Armor: When obtaining or refreshing a Blazing Barrier, the current active character’s Shield Strength increases by 5% for six seconds. This effect can be triggered once every 0.3 seconds. Maximum five stacks.
- Flaming Assault: The damage dealt by Crimson Ooyoroi’s Fiery Collapses increases by 1.5% of Thoma’s max health.
- A Friend’s Duty: When a Blazing Barrier takes damage for any character other than Thoma, Thoma’s Blazing Blessing cooldown decreases by three seconds, and his Crismon Ooyoroi’s cooldown decreases by three seconds. This effect can be triggered once every 20 seconds.
- Shrewd Staff: Crimson Ooyoroi’s duration increases by three seconds.
Fortified Resolve: Increases the level of Blazing Blessing by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Long-Term Planning: When a Fiery Collapse from Crimson Ooyoroi hits an opponent, Thoma restores 0.4 energy. This effect can occur once every 0.3 seconds.
- Raging Wildfire: Increases the Level of Crimson Ooyoroi by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Burning Heart: When a Blazing Barrier is obtained or stacked, the damage dealt by the Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks of all party members increases by 15% for six seconds.
That’s everything we know about the latest Thoma rerun banner. If you’re lucky enough to pull him, take a look at how to harness his fiery abilities with our best Genshin Impact Thoma build. It’s also worth checking out Thoma’s place on our Genshin Impact tier list, to see how he stacks up against other Pyro characters you’ve acquired.