Want to know more about the Genshin Impact Ayaka banner? It’s rather fitting that the princess of House Kamisato is a five-star Cryo character, but she’s not just Inazuma royalty, she’s also skilled at using a sword in combat, and was originally a playable character in the first closed beta, although we’ve not seen her in action since.
Just like Mona, who ranks highly on our Genshin Impact tier list, she is able to use something called an Alternative Sprint – replacing the regular sprint of a character with one that has additional effects. In Ayaka’s case, depending on how it’s implemented, it can sync up with a few of her attacks to deal additional Cryo damage.
Her skills and abilities hint that she’s going to be a DPS focused character, using tons of Cryo elemental effects. Mona is a natural pairing since her Hydro skills set up Ayaka’s followup Cyro effects to freeze enemies on the spot, but there are several other abilities available. She certainly has the potential to be one of the best characters in Genshin Impact, so here’s everything you need to know about the Genshin Impact Ayaka banner.
Genshin Impact Ayaka banner release date
The Genshin Impact Ayaka banner release date is July 21, 2021. She will be the featured five-star character in the next Genshin Impact banner, The Heron’s Court, which will be the first in the Genshin Impact 2.0 update. The second banner of 2.0 features Yoimiya and Sayu.
Ayaka also plays a major role in the Inazuma region section of the story. She first appeared during the Chinese version of the Genshin Impact 1.6 livesteam, giving viewers a taste of what to expect from the new Inazuma region.
Genshin Impact Ayaka abilities
Ayaka’s beta abilities are available on Honey Hunter World, giving us a good idea of her attacks and skills.
Normal attack: Kamisato Art – Naname
- Normal attack: Perform up to five rapid strikes.
- Charged attack: Consumes a certain amount of stamina to unleash a continuous stream of sword ki.
- Plunging attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AoE damage upon impact.
Elemental attack: Kamisato Art – Hyouka
Ayaka emits ice around herself, before launching nearby opponents shortly afterwards. It deals AoE Cryo damage.
Alternative Sprint: Kamisato Art – Senho
Ayaka consumes stamina to hide within a swift flow of sleet that moves with her. In Senho form, she moves at high speed on water. When she reappears, she inflicts Cold on nearby opponents and Cold congeals along Ayaka’s blade, converting her attack damage into Cryo damage for a brief time.
Elemental Burst: Kamisato Art – Soumetsu
Ayaka gathers frost with her fan and sword, creating blade storms that continuously advance forward. The blade storms deal Cryo damage over time to all enemies in their path. After the damage over time has ended, a blade storm will burst to deal Cryo damage to all enemies in a larger radius.
Genshin Impact Ayaka constellations
- Sosai Sumizome Sakura: When Ayaka’s normal or charged attacks deal Cryo damage to opponents, it has a 50% chance of decreasing the cooldown of Hyouka by 0.3 seconds.
- Mie Yuki no Seki no To: When casting Kamisato Art – Soumetsu, it unleashes two smaller additional blade storms, each dealing 20% of the original storm’s damage.
- Hanano Nishikie Kamifubuki: Increases the level of Kamisato Art – Soumetsu by three, up to a maximum of 15.
- Eikyo Ryuhan: Enemies damaged by Kamisato Art – Soumetsu’s Souken gates have their defence reduced by 30% for six seconds.
- Hanani Kumoi Kaneni Irutsuki: Increases the level of Kamisato Art – Hyouka by three, up to a maximum of 15.
- Ai Suigetsu: Every ten seconds, Ayaka will obtain Dacne on the Thin Ice, which inreases the damage dealt from charged attacks by 298%.
Genshin Impact Ayaka passive talents
- The Fruits of Reflection: When Ayaka crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, there is a 10% she recieves double the product.
- Kanten Senmyou Norito: When the Cryo effect at the end of Kamisato Art: Senho hits an opponent, Ayaka restores 10 stamina and gains a 10% Cryo damage bonus for 10 seconds.
- Amatsumi Kunisumi Ihaigoto: After using Kamisato Art: Hyouka, Ayaka’s normal and charged attacks deal 30% increased damage for six seconds.
And that’s all we know about the Genshin Impact Ayaka banner so far. Be sure to keep an eye on this page as we’ll be updating it as new information becomes available in the future. In the meantime, why not have a gander at some of our more recent guides for the game, such as the Genshin Impact Echoing Tales Conch Shells, the best Eula build, and the Genshin Impact housing guide for learning how to use the Serenitea pot. Want more primogems? We also have all the currently redeemable Genshin Impact codes.