Update – February 16, 2022: Patch 12.4 has headed to live servers! Check out our League of Legends patch 12.5 notes to see what’s coming next.
It’s that time again, League of Legends fans. Patch 12.3 has made the leap from the MOBA game’s PBE to live servers, which means it’s now turn for a new testing cycle to kick into gear. League of Legends patch 12.4 has now arrived for its fortnight-long round of testing and tinkering, and there’s already plenty to check out.
The big news this patch is the arrival of yet another new champion. Hot on the heels of Zeri’s release with League of Legends patch 12.2, Renata Glasc has now made her debut on the PBE. Known as the Chem Baroness, she’s a powerful figure with “an advanced technological heritage” from Zaun, who has risen through the ranks to become the region’s wealthiest chem baron – “a business magnate who built her power by tying everyone’s interests to her own”. Mysterious, persuasive, and with what sounds like a bit of a ruthless streak, Renata Glasc is being launched as a support champ. You can check out all of her abilities, stats, and skins in the notes below.
Elsewhere this patch, we’ve got some new Shockblade skins on the way for champions Kassadin, Shen, and Qiyana, and the new-and-improved Firelight Ekko – which was previously delayed – is now on the way.
Read on to check out what’s on the way for the next major update – here are the tentative League of Legends patch 12.4 notes based on what’s on the PBE right now (cheers, Surrenderat20!):
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 12.4 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
According to the League of Legends 2022 patch schedule, the League of Legends patch 12.4 release date is set for Wednesday, February 16, 2022.
Maintenance times haven’t yet been confirmed, but usually begin at 3am PT for NA servers, 5am UK time for EUW servers, and 3am CET for EUNE servers, and last for approximately three hours, so expect downtime to start sometime around then.
League of Legends patch 12.4 – new champion Renata Glasc
Renata Glasc’s stats
- Base HP – 525
- HP per level – 80
- Health regeneration / HP5 – 5.5
- Health regeneration per level – 0.11
- Base mana – 350
- Mana per level – 50
- Base magic resistance – 30
- MR per level – 0.5
- Base attack damage – 51
- AD per level – 3
- Base armour – 29
- Armour per level – 4
- Base move speed – 330
- Attack speed per level – 2.11
- Attack range – 550
Renata Glasc’s abilities
- Renata Glasc’s basic attacks mark her enemies and deal bonus damage. Damage from Renata’s allies consumes the mark, dealing additional damage.
- Renata Glasc sends out a missile from her robotic arm that roots the first enemy hit. She can reactivate the ability to throw the enemy in a target direction, damaging enemies hit and stunning them if the thrown target is a champion.
- Renata Glasc grants an allied champion or herself ramping Attack Speed and Move Speed toward enemies. If the ally gets a takedown on an enemy champion, the buff duration resets. If the ally would die while Bailout is still active, their health is set back to full but they begin burning to death over 3 seconds. The ally can stop the burn by getting a champion takedown before they die.
Loyalty Program (E):
- Renata Glasc sends out chemtech rockets that shield allies and damage and slow enemies they pass through. The rockets also apply their effects around her on cast and in an explosion at max range.
Hostile Takeover (R):
- Renata Glasc sends out a cloud of chemicals that causes enemies to go Berserk, increasing their Attack Speed and forcing them to basic attack anything around them. Berserk enemies prioritise attacking their own allies, then neutral units, then Renata Glasc’s team, then Renata Glasc herself.
You can check out the tooltips with exact ability, cooldown, duration, and other info as it’ll appear in-game on Surrendarat20’s page.
Renata Glasc’s Bio
As per Riot’s bio for the champ: “Renata Glasc rose from the ashes of her childhood home with nothing but her name and her parents’ alchemical research. In the decades since, she has become Zaun’s wealthiest chem-baron, a business magnate who built her power by tying everyone’s interests to her own. Work with her, and be rewarded beyond measure. Work against her, and live to regret it. But everyone comes to her side, eventually.”
Renata Glasc VO
Here’s a clip demonstrating Renata Glasc’s VO in-game from Skin Spotlights:
Renata Glasc Champion trailer
Here’s Riot’s champion reveal:
Renata Glasc Skins
Renata Glasc’s release skin will be Admiral Glasc, which will cost 1350 RP:
Here’s Admiral Glasc in action:
League of Legends patch 12.4 balance changes
Aatrox – changed
- The Darkin Blade (Q):
- Sweet spot damage amp has increased to 60% from 50%
Amumu – buffed
- Tantrum (E):
- Damage reduction has increased to 5/7/9/11/13 from 2/4/6/8/10
Ashe – buffed
- Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R):
- Missile speed changed to 1500 + 200/s (max 2100) from a flat 1600
Blitzcrank – nerfed
- HP regeneration has decreased to 7.5 from 8.5
Dr Mundo – changed
- Attack damage per level has decreased to 3.5 from 4.2
- Maximum Dosage (R):
- Ability cooldown has changed to a flat 110 seconds from 110/100/90 seconds
Illaoi – buffed
- Base attack speed and attack speed ratio have both increased to 0.675 from 0.571
- Harsh Lesson (W):
- Maximum health damage has increased to 4% per 100 AD from 2% per 100 AD
Kalista – buffed
- Armour has increased to 34 from 21
Lucian – buffed
- Piercing Light (Q):
- Mana cost of ability has decreased to 48/56/64/72/80 from 50/60/70/80/90
Nami – buffed
- Tidecaller’s Blessing (E):
- Magic damage dealt has increased to 25/40/55/70/85 from 20/35/50/65/80
Neeko – buffed
- Blooming Burst (Q):
- Additional pop damage dealt has increased to 40/65/90/115/140 from 40/60/80/100/120
- Shapesplitter (W):
- Ability cooldown has decreased to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds from 20/19/18/17/16 seconds
Nunu and Willump – nerfed
- HP per level has decreased to 76 from 82
- Consume (Q):
- Healing from champions has decreased to 60% from 80%
Qiyana – nerfed
- Royal Privilege (Passive):
- Ability’s bonus attack damage ratio has decreased to 45% from 55%
Rumble – buffed
- Armour has increased to 36 from 31
Sett – buffed
- HP per level has increased to 100 from 93
Veigar – changed
- Armour has decreased to 21 from 23
- Armour per level has increased to 4 from 3.75
- Event Horizon (E):
- Ability cooldown has increased to 20/18/16/14/12 seconds from 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds
Xayah – buffed
- Bladecaller (E):
- Ability’s critical damage multiplier has increased to 0.75% per 1% critical chance from 0.5% per 1% critical chance
Zeri – changed
- Burst Fire (Q):
- Uncharged right-click damage has decreased to 10-25 (+3% AP) from 15-40 (+4% AP)
- Uncharged right-click low health multiplier has increased to 6x from 4x
- Right-click slow effect duration has decreased to 1 second from 1.5 seconds
- Right-click slow amount has changed to 15-50% from 20-40%
- Ability’s base damage has decreased to 9-25 from 10-30
- Ability’s base damage can now crit
- Ability’s excess attack speed to AD conversion has increased to 60% from 50% (70% efficiency has increased to 84% efficiency)
- Ultrashock Laser (W):
- Ability cooldown has increased to 13/12/11/10/9 seconds from a flat 10 seconds
- Slow effect has changed to 30/40/50/60/70% from 50/55/60/65/70%
- Spark Surge (E):
- Ability cooldown has changed to 23/22/21/20/19 seconds from 23/21.5/20/18.5/17 seconds
- Cooldown reduction per champion hit with an ability or attack has decreased to 1 second from 1.5 seconds
- Lightning Crash (R):
- Attack speed has decreased to a flat 30% from 30-40%
Here’s Riot’s rundown of the changes on Twitter (it’s worth noting that some on the PBE currently seem to differ from those in the list):
12.4 with content is here, some spicy changes for sure.
To note, these are some quicker changes to pull down the support item top meta. I don't expect these to be the last of the changes in the space, but any larger ones need more time to validate. pic.twitter.com/mkuhtHtHVl
— Phlox (@RiotPhlox) February 8, 2022
League of Legends patch 12.4 new champion skins
Here’s the FIRELIGHT EKKO splash art:
“As high priest of the Shockblade order, Kassadin has a deep connection to the Storm few understand, but all respect. It is the power of his station that allows the Shockblades to follow their targets in and out of the spirit realm, going where no one else can to protect the people under their charge.”
Here’s the SHOCKBLADE KASSADIN splash art:
“Once half of an elite operative duo for the Shockblade order, Shen stepped away from combat after he made a mistake that nearly cost the life of his partner, Zed. Now Shen mentors young shinobi training to join their ranks – but his new charge may inspire him to take up his sword and join the fight once more.”
Here’s the shared SHOCKBLADE SHEN and SHOCKBLADE QIYANA splash art:
That’s it for the League of Legends patch 12.4 for now but keep checking back as there’s sure to be more in the way of gameplay updates and other changes coming to the PBE ahead of the update’s live release soon.
Go catch up on the League of Legends patch 12.3 notes if you’re keen to see what’s just hit the live game. Plus, our sister site The Loadout has a LoL ranks explainer if you’re after some tips on how to climb those ladders. If you’re thinking of getting into the game as a newbie, then our best League of Legends champions for beginners and LoL beginners’ guides can help you get started.