When is the Genshin Impact Yae Miko banner release date? Yae Miko is an upcoming new Genshin Impact characters that will be playable in the game for the first time as of the next Genshin Impact banner. She should appear as you progress through the Inazuma storyline.
She’s the chief priest – the Guuji – of the Grand Narukami Shrine on Mt. Yougou, Narukami Island – the biggest shrine in Inazuma. In an official tweet from Mihoyo celebrating the 2020 New Year, it was revealed that Ayaka was Yae’s first guest of the year at the shrine. Like the rest of Inazuma, it’s clear that Yae Miko is heavily inspired by Japan, as Miko means ‘shrine maiden’ in Japanese.
According to Mihoyo’s description of Yae Miko, “her elegant and beautiful appearance belies an intelligent and cunning personality. She is a lady who is not easy to predict and has her own principles and methods of doing things”. Players have been patiently waiting for the Yae Miko banner release date ever since she was first introduced, and we finally have a confirmed date for when she will be available.
Genshin Impact Yae Miko release date
The Yae Miko banner release date is February 16, 2022. This coincides with the version 2.5 release date and Yae Miko will feature as part of the very first banner.
Yae Miko abilities
Beta testers report that Yae Miko is a five-star Electro Catalyst user. Her abilities, passive talents, and constellations are listed below, via Honey Hunter World. UBatcha recently posted the Yae Miko patch notes in the latest beta which drastically changes the power of her abilities – we’ve updated our guide to reflect these adjustments.
Normal Attack: Spiritfox Sin-Eater
- Normal attack: Summons forth kitsune spirits, initiating a maximum of three attacks that deal Electro damage.
- Charged attack: Consumes a certain amount of stamina to deal AoE Electro damage after a short casting time.
- Plunging attack: Plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all opponents in her path with thunderous might. Deals AoE Electro damage upon impact with the ground.
ELEMENTAL SKILL: yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura
Moves swiftly, leaving a Sesshou Sakura behind.
• Periodically strikes one nearby opponent with lightning, dealing Electro damage
• When there are other Sesshou Sakura nearby, their level will increase, boosting the damage dealt by their attacks
A maximum of three Sesshou Sakura can exist simultaneously. The initial level of each sakura starts at one, the highest level each sakura can reach is three.
ELEMENTAL BURST: Great Secret ARt: Tenko Kenshin
Lightning plummets down, dealing AoE Electro damage. When she uses this skill, Yae Miko unseals nearby Sesshou Sakura, destroying their outer forms and transforming them into Sky Kitsune Thunderbolts, dealing AoE Electro damage. Each Sesshou Sakura destroyed this way creates one descending thunderbolt.
Yae Miko passive talents
- Meditations of a Wild Kitsune: When Yae Miko crafts character talent materials, she has a 25% chance to create an extra talent material from the same region of a random type. The rarity of this material will be the same as the materials consumed during crafting.
- The Shrine’s Sacred Shade: Other nearby party members can decrease the cooldown of Yae Miko’s Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura. Hitting opponents with Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst damage decreases it by one second. This can occur once every 1.8 seconds.
- Enlightened Blessing: Every point of Elemental Mastery Yae Miko possesses will increase Sesshou Sakura damage by 0.15%.
Yae Miko constellations
- Chronicles of the Kitsune Cohort: Each time Great Secret Art: Tenko Kenshin activates a Sky Kitsune Thunderbolt, Yae Miko restores eight elemental energy for herself.
- Hanagasa Manuscript: Sesshou Sakura starts at level two when created. The max level is increased to four.
- The Seven Glamours: Increases the level of Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Sakura Channeling: When Sesshou Sakura thunderbolts hit opponents, the Electro damage bonus of all nearby party members is increased by 20% for five seconds.
- Mischievous Teasing: Increases the level of Great Secret Art: Tenko Kenshin by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Forbidden Art: Daisesshou: Sesshou Sakura ignores 60% of the opponents’ defense.
That’s everything we know about Yae Miko – we’ll keep you updated when more information is officially revealed. Until then, if you’re exploring Enkanomiya, we’ve got a guide to all the Genshin Impact Key Sigil locations, and how to obtain the Divine Bridle in Genshin Impact.