Want to know about the Yelan banner release date in Genshin Impact? Yelan has been in the RPG game’s files since the 2.0 update, and we’re getting more details about this new Genshin Impact character as time goes on. Her original datamined profile had her listed under the ‘tall woman’ model, and other rumours pointed to her being a hydro bow user.
While the Genshin Impact Yelan banner release date isn’t known right now, some of the rumours have been cleared up at least. A post on the official Genshin Impact Twitter account formally revealed the character towards the end of March 2022 along with Kuki Shinobu, just before the Genshin Impact 2.6 release date.
We got a character art poster and some minor details, including the fact that she’s a hydro disciple. Further information taken from a beta for the 2.7 build has seemingly confirmed that she is bow wielder, as well as what her abilities are likely to be. Here’s everything we know about Yelan in Genshin Impact so far, including her abilities and her banner release date.
Genshin Impact Yelan banner release date rumours
Yelan’s banner release date is rumoured to be in the first half of update 2.7. This rumour comes from known Genshin Impact leaker Lumie.
According to my 🐤, Yelan (5*) should be first phase of 2.7 followed by Kuki Shinobu (4*) in the second phase.
— Lumie (@lumie_lumie) March 25, 2022
The Genshin Impact 2.7 release date is due on May 31, however we are likely to get confirmation as to when Yelan is coming to the game during the 2.7 livestream on May 20.
Genshin Impact Yelan abilites
Thanks to a series of leaks from a recent 2.7 beta, we now have some additional information on Yelan’s abilities, sourced from Honey Hunter World. Please note that because this information is from a beta build of Genshin Impact, the information is subject to change.
Normal Attack – Stealthy Bowshot
- Normal attack: Perform up to four consecutive shots with a bow
- Charged attack: Perform a more precise aimed shot with increased damage. While aiming, water will accumulate around the arrowhead, and a fully charged shot will deal hydro damage. Yelan will enter a ‘Breakthrough’ state after spending five seconds off-field, which will decrease the charge time of the next charged aimed shot by 80%. Once charged while in Breakthrough, Yelan can fire a ‘Breakthrough Barb’ that will deal AoE Hydro damage based on Yelan’s maximum health
- Plunging attack: Fires a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE damage on impact
Elemental Skill – Lingering Lifeline
Yelan’s elemental skill fires off a ‘lifeline’ that can tractor her in rapidly, while also entangling and marking opponents along its path. At the end of the movement, the lifeline will explode and deal hydro damage to all marked opponents based on Yelan’s maximum health.
- Tap – rapidly move a certain distance forward
- Hold – continuously move forward at speed. During this time Yelan can control her spring direction and end her movement by using the skill again, Each opponent marked by the lifeline when it explodes triggers a 34% chance that Yelan will gain Breakthrough.
The base cooldown on Yelan’s elemental skill is ten seconds.
Elemental Burst – Depth-Clarion Dice
Yelan’s elemental burst deals AoE hydro damage, and creates something called an ‘Exquisite Throw’, which – going by Yelan’s love of gambling – could be a floating spectral dice.
Razer Iskur X – Genshin Impact Edition Razer Iskur X – Genshin Impact Edition $499.00 Buy Now Network N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
This companion will follow the active character around and trigger a coordinated attack which deals hydro damage based on Yelan’s maximum health. The attack triggers in one of two ways:
- Can occur once every second when the active character uses a normal attack
- Will occur each time Yelan’s lifeline explodes and hits a normal opponent
Yelan Passive Talents
Yelan can get 25% more rewards when dispatched on a Liyue Expedition for 20 hours. In addition, she has the following passive talents:
- Turn Control – When the party has one, two, three, or four elemental types, Yelan’s health is increased by 6%, 12%, 18%, and 30% respectively
- Adapt with Ease – while an Exquisite Throw is on the field, the active character will deal 1% extra damage. This increases by 3.5% every second, to a maximum of 50%
- Taking All Comers – Each opponent marked by Yelan’s elemental skill will restore seven energy for Yelan, up to a maximum of 21 energy.
- Enter the Plotters – Yelan’s elemental skill gains one additional charge
- Dealer’s Slight – Increases the level of Yelan’s elemental skill by three, to a maximum of 15
- Bait-and-Switch – Exquisite Throw coordinated attack damage increased by 30%
- Beware the Trickster’s Dice – Increase the level of Yelan’s elemental burst by three, up to a maximum of 15
- Winner Takes All – After Yelan uses her elemental burst, she will enter the ‘Mastermind’ state, which will last for 20 seconds, or until Yelan fires six arrows. While in this state, all of Yelan’s normal attacks will be the stronger Breaththrough Barb variant, dealing all applicable damage with a 130% increase on top
That’s all the information available about Yelan in Genshin Impact so far. Keep up-to-date on the current and next Genshin Impact banner, and check out our Yelan materials guide if you want to start collecting her ascension materials right away.
Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro – Genshin Impact Edition Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro – Genshin Impact Edition $139.99 Buy Now Network N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
Original contributions by Christian Vaz.