Looking for the Genshin Impact 2.6 update release date? There are plenty of 2.6 rumours out there, but developer Mihoyo has already confirmed one new addition due to arrive in its open-world game with the next update: The Chasm, a mysterious disused mine far beneath Liyue.
As ever, information on the next Genshin Impact update has been shared via beta testers and dataminers over the 2.6 beta period. There’s reportedly a lot more in store, including a new Inazuman festival called the Irodori Festival. However, it’s worth remembering that all information shared by unofficial sources is unconfirmed and subject to change when the 2.6 release date arrives.
There’s also another new Genshin Impact character arriving in 2.6 to look forward to – and it’s none other than Kamisato Ayaka’s older brother, Ayato, a blue-haired Hydro sword user. There’s a fair bit of info on his playstyle out there already, so if you’ve got your primogems ready for his Genshin Impact banner, it’s worth taking a look at the rumoured Ayato ascension materials so you’re prepared to unlock his full potential. Here’s everything we know so far about the Genshin Impact 2.6 update.
Genshin Impact 2.6 release date
The Genshin Impact 2.6 release date is March 30, 2022.
Genshin Impact 2.6 new character
There’s only one new character arriving in 2.6 – Kamisato Ayato, Ayaka’s brother. We’ve got the lowdown on the Ayato abilities and release date in our guide – here’s how to farm Genshin Impact handguards for his ascension.
Genshin Impact 2.6 banners
Ayato’s banner, Azure Excursion, begins in the first phase of the banner on March 30. There hasn’t been any confirmation as to which other characters are going to join Ayato on his banner just yet.
Venti is also having a banner rerun during the same time, reintroducing Ballad in Goblets. Venti’s rerun banners have included the following characters in the past: Sucrose, Razor, Noelle, Barbara, Fischl, and Xiangling.
The second phase of the 2.6 update contains Ayaka’s rerun banner – The Heron’s Court. This banner previously featured Ninguang, Chongyun, and Yanfei.
Genshin Impact 2.6 events
The Genshin Impact 2.6 events we’ve heard about so far include:
- Outside the Canvas, Inside the Lens – an event in which you take a series of selfies at different locations; reportedly, each picture earns you “30 primogems, 20,000 mora, and two Hero’s Wit.”
- Vibro-Crystal Research – in this event, you put together two separate parties and equip them with crystals that create different harmonic responses resulting in unique buffs.
- Spices from the West – an event where you obtain recipes and create seasonings which can be added to “delicious” dishes. The resulting “fragrant” dishes can be given to characters in the Serenitea Pot.
There is also the Hues of the Violet Court: Irodori Festival, which has associated story quests and four minigames:
- Clash of Lone Blades, a duelling minigame where you cannot use Elemental Skills or Bursts; instead you use the ‘parry’ skill to deflect enemy attacks
- Theater Mechanicus: Stage of Brilliance
- The Moon and Stars Inscribe, in which you gather materials and photographs in order to help inspire two poets
- The Floral Courtyard, a minigame in which you create a floral display
Completing all four minigames in the Irodori festival rewards you with a free Xingqiu.
Genshin Impact 2.6 Chasm
The Chasm is a new area arriving in 2.6. Technically it exists in the game already – it’s a mysterious disused mine in Liyue – but in 2.6 we’ll be able to explore it for the first time.
Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro – Genshin Impact Edition Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro – Genshin Impact Edition $139.99 Buy Now Network N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
The 2.5 livestream gave us a glimpse of a new boss appearing in The Chasm – the Ruin Serpent. The Chasm is also covered with debilitating mud which drains your speed and health, and buffs enemies standing in it. In order to navigate the dangerous depths of the mine, players will use an item called the Lumenstone Adjuvant. This item can be enhanced with Lumenspar and Lumenstone Ore via an NPC called Jinwu.
Genshin Impact 2.6 new content
Other new content reportedly arriving in the 2.6 update includes:
- New five-star sword, Haran Geppaku Futsu
- New five-star artifact set, Vermillion Hereafter
- New five-star artifact set, Echoes of an Offering
- Spiral Abyss changes
The two new artifact sets will replace the Gladiator and Wanderer’s Troupe artifact sets in tier two Domain Reliquary boxes in the Spiral Abyss.
Related: check out our Genshin Impact tier list
That’s everything we know about the Genshin Impact 2.6 update so far, but we’ll keep you updated on any new developments. If you’ve been lucky with your wishes on recent banners, you may want to check our Raiden Shogun build guide, Kokomi build guide, or Yae Miko build guide to make the most of these formidable allies.
Razer Iskur X – Genshin Impact Edition Razer Iskur X – Genshin Impact Edition $499.00 Buy Now Network N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.