What is the best Diablo 4 Sorcerer build? We’ve tested the D4 Sorcerer for dozens of hours, using combinations of powerful Shock skills to take down hordes of enemies with ease, as these lightning-hurling spells deal incredible amounts of damage. These skills were nerfed since the beta, but they still make up most of the best Sorcerer build.
With Diablo 4 now out, you’re no doubt planning which class to choose. There are five Diablo 4 classes to pick from, with the sorcerer the obvious choice for any wannabe mage. The best Diablo 4 Sorcerer build utilizes the magic user’s powerful Shock skills, and we’ve laid out where to spend your skill points below.
What is the best Diablo 4 Sorcerer build?
The best Diablo 4 Sorcerer build is the Lightning Sorcerer – here’s how to make it:
- Basic skill: Arc Lash
- Basic upgrade: Enhanced Arc Lash
- Core skill: Chain Lightning
- Core upgrades: Enhanced Chain Lightning and Destructive Chain Lightning
- Defensive skill: Teleport
- Defensive upgrade: Enhanced Teleport
- Conjuration skills: Hydra and Lightning Spear
- Conjuration upgrade: Enhanced Hydra
- Mastery skill: Meteor
- Mastery upgrades: Enhanced Meteor and Wizard’s Meteor
- Ultimate skill: Unstable Currents
- Ultimate upgrade: Prime Unstable Currents
- Passive skills: Glass Cannon and Coursing Currents
- Enchantment: Fireball enchantment
One of the biggest benefits of playing a magic-wielding sorcerer in any game is their ability to fight from a distance while retaining a significant amount of power. The best Diablo 4 Sorcerer build capitalizes on this, utilizing the best skills to offer an incredible amount of DPS in both solo and party play.
Best Lightning Sorcerer skills
This Diablo 4 Lightning Sorcerer build deals incredible amounts of DPS – often from a distance and to multiple targets at a time – so as long as you stay on your toes, you’ll be taking out hordes of skeletons, spiders, and spectrals with no trouble at all. If you want to swap out Chain Lightning, you could replace it with Charged Bolts, which gives off multiple bolts of lightning at a lower mana cost than CL.
We’ve included a fire spell that offers you the variation needed when dealing with resistant enemies – plus Hydra is just an incredibly strong skill anyway. Once you get to level 15, you obtain your first enchantment slot for using the enchantment effect of any skill, so read on to find out why you should choose Fireball. This is a great all-around Sorcerer build, so will be the top choice whether you’re playing solo or with a party, but its high damage plays well alongside a strong Barbarian for up close melee, as well as a Druid.
Best Sorcerer enchantment
Despite this being a Shock build, once you unlock your first enchantment slot at level 15, Fireball is an excellent choice. To equip the Fireball enchantment, however, you’ll need to allocate a skill point to the core skill unless you have an item equipped which adds a Fireball rank. Since the item needs to be equipped, we’d recommend using a skill point if you can spare one from somewhere else in your Diablo IV skill tree. The Fireball enchantment causes enemies to explode when killed, dealing nearby damage.
Best Sorcerer equipment
When considering your equipment at this early stage, it’s best to think about which legendary aspects you want to imprint on your gear. Since the most powerful items and unique items are all randomized, you can’t specifically hunt down the best items available for the Sorcerer class. However, you can clear out dungeons in search of the best aspects, and apply them to your existing high-level items from your Codex of Power.
Best Sorcerer Aspects
The best Diablo 4 Sorcerer Aspects are:
- Aspect of the Expectant – Increases the damage dealt by any Core skill, up to 50%. The aspect is powered by successfully hitting enemies with basic attacks, each basic skill providing a 5% boost to the next Core skill used. In terms of this build, hit targets with Arc Lightning ten times for a 50% boost to Chain Lightning, which could offer upwards of 60% damage. The Aspect of the Expectant can be found in Scosglen.
- Aspect of Splintering Energy – this aspect affects any build using Lightning Spear, as it gives an 11% chance of spawning an additional spear each time the spell is cast. This aspect can be found in Kehjistan.
- Aspect of Efficiency – Efficiency is a great aspect to have with Expectant, as the casting of a basic skill reduces the Mana cost of your next Core skill by 10%. Unlike Expectant, though, this aspect doesn’t stack, so you will only ever save 10%. The Aspect of Efficiency can also be found in Scosglen, along with Expectant.
- Aspect of the Bounding Conduit – This aspect works with Teleport, providing a 20% movement speed increase for three seconds after teleporting. The Aspect of the Bounding Conduit can be found in Dry Steppes.
So that’s the very best Diablo 4 Sorcerer build you can hope to set up, but don’t forget some of those items are down to RNG, so you’d better hope luck is on your side. If you’re not sold on the Sorcerer, we’ve got you covered with the best Diablo 4 Barbarian build, Rogue build, Necromancer build, and Druid build, and also what we and the devs think are the best overall Diablo 4 builds. So whoever you pick, you’re ready to slay any demon that comes your way.