Who are all the current Dreamlight Valley characters? An array of Disney characters will join you on your adventure in this adorable life sim, as you become buddies with familiar faces from your favorite animated movies. We’ve been playing the game for some time now, and have gotten to know everyone in the game so far, so we can help you befriend them all.
While Dreamlight Valley is a life sim, it is also very story driven, and some of the characters you come across make up part of that story. Others can be chosen and unlocked in any order from inside the Dream Castle – though you’ll want to read our Disney Dreamlight Valley guide beforehand, as it recommends you spend your Dreamlight on something else before unlocking too many realms. Here though, we go through all the Disney Dreamlight Valley characters you’ll come across in the story, those you can rescue from their realms, and the ones we’re yet to meet.
All current Dreamlight Valley characters and how to find them
The very first character you’re introduced to in Dreamlight Valley is Merlin from The Sword in the Stone. He is pivotal to your journey in Disney Dreamlight Valley, teaching you how things work, and how to harness your magical powers. As you progress through the valley, you speak with him frequently, but you’ll also be introduced to more – like your neighbor Mickey Mouse.
Here’s the full list of everyone you’ll encounter in this new land as you continue your journey bringing Dreamlight Valley back to life:
- Merlin: greets you at the start of Disney Dreamlight Valley.
- Scrooge McDuck: awaits your help outside his rundown shop in the Plaza, and he will even show you how to upgrade your Dreamlight Valley house.
- Mickey Mouse: is your Plaza neighbor, and another character who never left the valley.
- Goofy: is locked away in the Peaceful Meadow, but is quick to introduce himself once you unlock the biome.
- Ursula: is trapped in a cave which Merlin helps you discover as soon as you unlock Dazzle Beach.
- Kristoff: Unlock the Forest of Valor, and Kristoff will be awaiting rescue.
- Donald Duck: needs to be rescued from a dark portal within the Forest of Valor.
- Mother Gothel: When you unlock the Glade of Trust, you must enter a large, cursed tree in which Mother Gothel is trapped, so that she may get out.
- Minnie Mouse: can be seen as a shimmering aura around the valley from time to time, but you must complete quests with Mickey to be able to interact with her and bring her home.
- Ariel: can’t get home from a mysterious island without your help, so complete Goofy’s The Mysterious Wreck quest, to sail to her aid.
- Eric: will return to the valley once you have increased your friendship level with Ariel and completed her quests.
- Scar: lives in the Elephant Graveyard in the Sunlit Plateau.
- Stitch: Find a dirty sock on the beach to unlock a series of quests, all resulting in the arrival of the cutest and most mischievous space experiment.
- Mirabel Madrigal: returns to the valley once Mini-Casita deems it is safe for her to do so, and once you’ve done enough to prove it. You’ll know it’s time when you find Mirabel‘s mysterious golden doorknob in the Meadow.
- Olaf: can be found locked away in a secret place in the valley, just like Kristoff. Read on to find out about Realms, and how to get Anna and Elsa to come back to the valley, too, and join the adorable Olaf.
- Fairy Godmother: was introduced as part of the The Remembering update, which added more to the story so far. Like Merlin, Fairy Godmother helps you uncover more about the Forgetting, and can be found in the pumpkin house in the Forgotten Lands biome.
- Vanellope Von Schweetz: arrives in the valley as your introduction to the DreamSnaps feature. Vanellope can be found in the Dream Castle as part of Scrooge’s ‘The Haunting of the Dream Castle’ quest.
- Jack Skellington: returns to the valley upon finding his matryoshka dolls scattered around the valley, and completing the Something Comes A Knocking quest.
Fairly early on, Merlin will show you how to unlock the Dream Castle, giving you access to character realms. These will take you to where these additional characters are currently residing, and task you with bringing them home. This is also how we expect most future characters to be released to the game.
At present, there are six realms accessible: Moana, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Frozen, Toy Story, and The Lion King. With over 30 doors already visible in the Dream Castle, and an unlimited potential to add to those, we can expect many more to come, with Princess Vanellope arriving in just a matter of weeks. The characters currently available from Dreamlight Valley realms are:
- Buzz Lightyear
Rift in Time DLC characters
Unfortunately, some additional characters are now available in-game, but are locked behind a DLC paywall. That said, if you have or are interested in Rift in Time, here’s all the extra Dreamlight Valley characters you can hope to meet on your travels:
Upcoming Disney Dreamlight Valley characters
We know that more characters are being added with the upcoming Rift in Time DLC, including Jafar, Rapunzel, Gaston, and EVE, when Dreamlight Valley moves out of early access. These characters are only available to those who purchase the paid expansion, but more free updates are still coming, with Mike Wazowski and Jack Skellington coming in the next Dreamlight Valley update.
As we’ve mentioned, we mostly expect these characters to join Dreamlight Valley through realms, but following Scar and Stitch’s arrivals, we know more will be given their own homes in the valley. Personally, I’m waiting to see none other than Hercules arrive in the ruins area of the Glade of Trust – and just who lives in that Pumpkin House? That said, some of the characters we can expect to see in the future are:
While the above characters have appeared in trailers, hopefully other franchise characters will join them – because there’s no Hercules without Meg, or Stitch without Lilo.
Missing Dreamlight Valley characters and films
Knowing all of the above, there are definitely still some characters we’d love to see join the character list in the future, and we won’t rest until we see Hercules, Meg, and Tarzan strolling around the village. Here are just some of the movies with characters missing from Disney Dreamlight Valley, who could be added in the future:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Big Hero 6
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- The Incredibles
- The Jungle Book
- Peter Pan
- The Princess and the Frog
- Robin Hood
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White and The Seven Dwarves
- Winnie the Pooh
Some of the above franchises do appear in-game already thanks to customization items, but there’s no confirmation as of yet that any of their characters will make an appearance. We’ve also left a few more unrealistic ones out, such as live-action movies or characters like Dumbo and Lightning McQueen who we’d love to see, but might be too large. But then we do have Remy, Woody, and Buzz, so who knows what the future of Dreamlight Valley holds.
Game Pass for PC Game Pass for PC $9.99 $1 (first month) Subscribe Network N earns commission from qualifying purchases via Microsoft and other programs.
Speaking of Remy, if you’re struggling with his realm questline, we’ve got a guide to his famous ratatouille recipe, as well as a list of all other Dreamlight Valley recipes, too. Or, if you’re stuck down in the Disney Dreamlight Valley Mystical Cave thanks to Ursula, you’ll want to read all about the riddles and how to solve them.