Want to unlock the LAPA SMG in Warzone? Warzone Season 6 has arrived, introducing new Warzone Season 6 bunkers to ‘80s Verdansk, brand new operators, and two new weapons: the Grav assault rifle and the .410 Ironhide. The LAPA is also arriving later in the season and will join the growing list of Warzone guns. With the new Warzone map on the horizon, this SMG could be the last Cold War weapon to make it into the battle royale game before the Call of Duty Vanguard release date arrives.
The last few seasons of Warzone have focused on weapon balancing – addressing the time to kill speed on the best Warzone SMGs and assault rifles. With the right attachments, there’s a good chance the LAPA will be overpowered at launch, as is the case for a lot of new Warzone guns. It’s worth unlocking the LAPA right away to try it out in case it does get nerfed down the line.
The Haunting Halloween 2021 update is live now, along with two sets of challenges to unlock the LAPA. If you aren’t a fan of the Ghosts of Verdansk mode and you own a copy of Black Ops Cold War, you can always hop into the other game to complete the multiplayer and zombies challenges instead. Here’s what you need to do to build the best LAPA loadout in Warzone.
BEST WARZONE LAPA LOADOUT
The best Warzone LAPA loadout is:
- Agency Suppressor
- Tiger Team Spotlight
- Raider Stock
- STANAG 50 Rnd
- Microflex LED
The Agency Suppressor muzzle is our go to pick for the first attachment as it drastically improves the LAPA. Improved bullet velocity and effective damage range never go amiss, and sound suppression is far too important to ignore as we always want to stay off the radar. This muzzle isn’t without its flaws, however, as the LAPA’s aim walking steadiness, aiming stability, and aim down sight speed all take a slight hit.
We can negate some of those downsides by attaching the Tiger Team Spotlight laser to improve the SMG’s mobility, specifically the movement speed. The only con to this attachment is the flashlight on the weapon is visible to enemies, but this rarely has an impact in-game.
The Raider Stock turns the LAPA into a highly mobile gun by improving the mobility even further, including a boost to the gun’s sprint to fire time. The stock version of the LAPA isn’t heavy by any means, but improving the weapon’s mobility allows players to get closer to their target much faster than before.
There are a few drawbacks to choosing a larger magazine like the STANAG 50 Rnd, but we’re willing to accept them as the extra bullets are vital in clutch situations. Equipping this magazine does hurt the LAPA’s aim down sight time and reload quickness, though you can hardly tell thanks to all of the attachments that improve the weapon’s mobility. Finally, the Microflex LED is essential to this weapon as the stock iron sights are truly horrible.
How to unlock the LAPA SMG in Warzone
The LAPA SMG can be unlocked during The Haunting event or by purchasing a weapon bundle in-game. Here are the challenges you need to complete in Warzone to unlock the LAPA SMG:
- Play five matches in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Earn a top ten final placement with your squad in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist three times
- Eliminate ten enemy ghosts in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Eliminate ten enemy humans while playing as your operator in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Eliminate five enemy humans while playing as a ghost in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- As a ghost, redeploy as your operator by collecting three souls or performing a finishing move on a standing, crouching, or prone human enemy
- Use three sacred ground locations to reduce your fear meter in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Answer three phones in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Experience three hallucinations while you have a full fear meter in The Ghosts of Verdnask playlist
Here are the challenges you need to complete in Black Ops Cold War to unlock the LAPA SMG:
- Play and complete five matches in multiplayer or zombies The Haunting event playlists
- Get 200 multiplayer eliminations in the Nuketown Halloween 24/7 playlist or smash pumpkin heads in Zombies
- Finish top three in Scream Deathmatch or successfully exfil in Hallow’s Eve Outbreak
- Get 30 multiplayer eliminations in Infected or eliminate special or elite enemies in Zombies
- Get ten melee weapon kills in multiplayer or earn butcher medals in zombies (five rapid melee kills)
- Open five scare packages in multiplayer or zombies
- Get 50 eliminations while using the ghost perk in multiplayer or kill enemies while cloaked in the aether shroud in zombies
- Get three multiplayer kills with dying three times or earn carnage medals in zombies (ten rapid kills)
- Get five multiplayer kills with fire damage or earn fire damage multi-kill medals in zombies
And that’s all you need to build the best LAPA loadout in Warzone. If you need your horror fix during the spooky season, the Zombies final Forsaken event is now live – here’s how to unlock the Chrysalax in Zombies. For those of you who just want to get better at the game, here’s our guide on the best loadout drops in Warzone.