The best Hogwarts Legacy talents improve your character in the open-world RPG, give you a better chance of succeeding at school, and thwarting whatever menace that may be in your way. The wizarding game has many avenues of improvement, from upgrading your abilities to acquiring new equipment and improving your Talents.
Character growth is one of the primary aspects of an RPG game – going on a journey with your creation, not only from a story perspective but your abilities too. But how do you unlock talents, how do they improve Hogwarts Legacy spells and potions to make your character more powerful, and which ones are the best?
Best Hogwarts Legacy talents
Before we list all of the talents in Hogwarts Legacy, let’s explain how to pick the best ones. Since your Hogwarts Legacy max level doesn’t cover all of the talents, and there’s no Hogwarts Legacy respec option, you need to think carefully about where you should spend your talent points. If you hope to learn the Hogwarts Legacy Unforgivable Curses, then the Dark Arts tier would probably interest you more than the Room of Requirement set. If you prefer to go into battle flinging spells willy-nilly, the four stealth talent points may not help you much.
Here are the best Hogwarts Legacy talents you can pick when you first unlock the ability to spend points:
- Spell Knowledge I (Core)
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise (Core)
- Swift (Core)
- Incendio Mastery (Spells)
- Human Demiguise (Stealth)
As you unlock the Hogwarts Legacy talents in later levels, we recommend at least investing points into all of the core and spell talents. The bonus effects these give you will enhance your abilities to ludicrous levels, such as Confringo’s fireball splintering off into smaller fireballs that home in on other enemies.
Doing so leaves you with nine talent points you can spend wherever you like, so long as it’s a play style you’re comfortable with. If you learned the Dark Arts, you may wish to focus on enhancing those spells, whereas those who prefer a stealthy approach can take the rest of the Stealth perks.
Hogwarts Legacy talents list
To unlock and spend the Hogwarts Legacy talent points, you first need to find the Map Chamber in the open-world game. This is a reward for completing the quest ‘Jackdaw’s Rest’, which has you exploring ruins in the Forbidden Forest. Once you do, you’ll be given a stack of talent points, depending on your current level.
You earn one talent point every time you level up, starting from five, so you will earn 35 talent points throughout the game. You can level up quickly by completing side quests and Hogwarts Legacy challenges, finding collectibles like field guide pages and Daedalian keys, or the Demiguise Statues you need to unlock higher levels of the Hogwarts Legacy unlock door spell Alohomora.
Talents are permanent upgrades for your character, and they are separated into five different categories. You only need one talent point to learn a talent, but some are hidden behind level caps, and others require you to learn the spell first.
Here are all of the talents in Hogwarts Legacy and when you can learn them:
- Incendio Mastery – casting Incendio unleashes a ring of flame around you.
- Accio Mastery – enemies near a target summoned by Accio are also pulled to you.
- Levioso Mastery – enemies near a target levitated by Levioso are also levitated.
- Confringo Mastery – Confringo impacts produce fiery bolts that seek enemy targets.
- Depulso Mastery – casting Depulso releases an additional blast directly around you.
- Diffindo Mastery – Diffindo casts slices through impacted enemies to strike additional targets.
- Bombarda Mastery – Bombarda causes an explosive blast with a massive area of effect.
- Descendo Mastery – a Descendo slam creates a damaging shockwave around your target.
- Glacius Mastery – striking an enemy frozen by Glacius blasts damaging shards outward from the target.
- Transformation Mastery – enemies struck with the Transformation spell transform into explosive objects.
- Stunning Curse – Stupefy has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Blood Curse – dealing damage to a cursed target inflicts damage to all cursed targets.
- Disarming Curse – Expelliarmus has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Knockback Curse – Flipendo has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Enduring Curse – a cursed effect remains on an enemy for a longer period.
- Slowing Curse – Arresto Momentum has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Imperio Mastery – an enemy under your control with Imperio curses other targets with each successful strike.
- Crucio Mastery – striking an enemy cursed by Crucio releases a projectile that curses a nearby enemy.
- Avada Kedavra Mastery – killing an enemy with Avada Kedavra kills all cursed enemies.
- Curse Sapper – defeating a cursed enemy restores some of your health.
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise – Ancient Magic Throw catches and throws disarmed enemy weapons.
- Basic Cast Mastery – Basic Cast impacts reduce spell cooldowns.
- Protego Absorption – successful Protego blocks will contribute to the Ancient Magic meter. Perfect Protego blocks contribute even more.
- Swift – holding down dodge allows you to vanish quickly and reappear nearby.
- Spell Knowledge I – a new Spell Set is added. Hold the right trigger and tap the d-pad on a controller or use the mouse wheel to swap to an unlocked Spell set.
- Spell Knowledge II – a new Spell Set is added. Hold the right trigger and tap the d-pad on a controller or use the mouse wheel to swap to an unlocked Spell set.
- Wiggenweld Potency I – Wiggenweld heals you to a greater effect.
- Spell Knowledge III – a new Spell Set is added. Hold the right trigger and tap the d-pad on a controller or use the mouse wheel to swap to an unlocked Spell set.
- Revelio Mastery – increases the range of Revelio.
- Basic Cast Airborne Absorption – Basic Cast impacts on airborne enemies contribute more to the Ancient Magic meter.
- Protego Expertise – blocking a spell with Perfect Protego will send two projectiles back at enemies.
- Evasion Absorption – successfully evading an unblockable attack with dodge contributes to the Ancient Magic meter.
- Stupefy Mastery – enemies struck with Stupefy remain stunned for a longer period.
- Wiggenweld Potency II – Wiggenweld heals you to a greater effect.
- Stupefy Expertise – Stupefy deals direct damage on impact.
- Protego Mastery – Perfect Protego releases a damaging blast that breaks enemy shields.
- Sense of Secrecy I – enemies’ ability to detect you is reduced.
- Human Demiguise – allows you to sprint while using Disillusionment.
- Sense of Secrecy II – enemies’ ability to detect you is reduced.
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery – Petrificus Totalus emanates an area of effect that can impact nearby enemies.
Room of Requirement
- Edurus Potion Potency – Edurus Potion makes you invulnerable and deflects projectile attacks back to enemies.
- Fertiliser – for each Chineses Chomping Cabbage thrown, a second Chomping Cabbage is generated and released at no cost.
- Invisibility Potion Potency – the Invisibility Potion’s undetectable effect lasts for a longer period.
- Maxima Potion Potency – Maxima Potion causes attacks to have additional increased damage and break enemy shields.
- Headache – the damage and duration of the incapacitating effect of Mandrakes are increased.
- Thunderbrew Potency – the range and damage of the potion effect are greatly increased.
- Focus Potion Potency – the Focus Potion’s duration will be extended when any spell from the Spell Set is cast during its use.
- Noxious – Venomous Tentacula attacks deal additional damage and break shields.
Now you know about Hogwarts Legacy talents, you’re ready to take on anything the wizarding world can throw at youNothingng will be too much for you once you reach your full potential, whether that’s an evil witch or a goblin uprising. We have your back if you need a hand with some puzzles, such as solving the Hogwarts Legacy Depulso puzzle rooms or finding all the Hogwarts Legacy secrets. You can also check out the best Hogwarts Legacy mods guide if you’re looking to spice things up drastically.