Need a list of Palworld guides to help you get started? The monster-taming genre might have been popularized on Nintendo handhelds and retro home consoles, but it’s enjoyed growing popularity on PC in recent years thanks to the likes of Temtem, Coromon, and Cassette Beasts. Palworld is the latest addition to this beloved niche, and it might be the strangest one yet.
Palworld is, in short, Pokemon with guns. Sure, you can be the very best, like no one ever was – but in this iteration of the creature collector, you can enforce that title with an assault rifle. If that sounds bizarre, wait until you see the assembly lines. If you’re ready to get stuck into an RPG that embraces surrealism and satire with all the staple hallmarks of quintessential Pokemon PC games, then be sure to bookmark our comprehensive Palworld guide.
Palworld beginner’s guide
The most important Palworld tips and tricks are:
- Catch everything you see at the beginning of the game.
- Your base location isn’t that important, but try to place it somewhere with lots of flat land.
- Remember both type advantages and disadvantages, as they’re vital to combat.
- Look at Pals’ work suitability before deploying them.
- You can also pick a Pal up and throw them at a facility to get them to allocate a Pal’s job.
- Different Pals appear at night time, so bring a torch and be careful while catching them.
- You can find Eggs in the world of varying sizes that you can hatch in Egg Incubators.
- Study the in-game survival guide, as it has a lot of tips of its own to share.
- Level up your base quickly so you get access to new facilities.
How to start in Palworld
When you land in Palworld, you’ll immediately enter the beginner’s area or tutorial section. This low-level entry point will drop you among weaker, more common Pals and give you a short tutorial to send you on your way. It’s important to gather materials at this stage, and you can find stone, wood, and Paldium Fragments littered on the ground.
You’ll soon craft a workbench, and this will be your most important tool to begin with. Make sure to place it in a wide-open area instead of being tempted to put it at the top of the mountain, as you’ll want easy access to it when you’ve been on your travels. You won’t need to place it near the fast travel point, as although that might make sense initially, you’ll soon craft a Pal Base, which also functions as a fast travel spot. We’d recommend venturing to an area with plentiful trees, rocks, mineral deposits, and water to increase the chances of your resources respawning often.
The tutorial will hold your hand through the early portion of the game until you reach base level 7, where it will suggest going to defeat Rayne’s Tower boss. We’d strongly recommend waiting until you have found some higher-level Pals and increasing your own EXP until you reach around at least level 13 with a ground element Pal before heading off to tackle this boss. By this point, you’ll have a good idea of how the game works, the Pal typing, fighting, and other mechanics to give you a good chance at beating the boss in the tower.
All Palworld guides
Here is a hub of all of our Palworld guides for anything you may need:
- Palworld multiplayer
- Palworld crossplay
- Palworld Game Pass
- All Palworld achievements
- How to level up fast in Palworld
- How long is Palworld?
- What is the Palworld max level?
- Palworld difficulty settings
- Is Palworld free?
- Palworld system requirements
- Palworld mod support
- How to host a Palworld server
- Palworld Steam Deck compatibility and best settings
- Palworld controller support
- Can you play Palworld in offline single-player
- All Palworld Pals
- Best starter Pal
- Palworld variations
- Palworld breeding
- How to recover Palworld SAN
- How to heal Pal injuries
- Palworld jobs
- Best planting Pal
- Best medicine Pal
- Best kindling Pal
- Best watering Pal
- Best lumbering Pal
- Best mining Pal
- Best electricity-generating Pal
- Best transporting Pal
- Best gathering Pal
- Best farming Pal
- Best handiwork Pal
- Palworld fighting and elemental typing
- All Palworld bosses in order and how to beat them
Location and resource guides
- Palworld map and all locations
- Palworld dungeon guide
- Palworld resources
- How to find Palworld beautiful flowers
- How to find Palworld Ancient Civilization Parts
- How to find Palworld copper key, silver key, and gold key
- How to get more Palworld gold coins
- How to find Palworld Paldium Fragments
- How to find Palworld Wheat Seeds
- How to make Palworld cement
- How to make Palworld ingots
- How to find Palworld diamond
- How to make Palworld polymer
- How to find Palworld ore
- How to find Palworld sulfur
- How to find Palworld honey
- How to find Palworld High Quality Pal Oil
- How to find Palworld leather
- How to make Palworld carbon fiber
- How to find Palworld Coal
- How to find Palworld Pure Quartz
- How to make Palworld milk
- Palworld cooking
- How to upgrade your Palworld base
- How to move your Palworld base
- Palworld Technology Points
- Best Palworld weapons
- How to repair Palworld tools
Palworld was released into early access on Friday, January 19, 2024, and will be available on PC via Steam, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. The early access date was confirmed by developer Pocketpair in the official announcement trailer.
Pocketpair has promised several additions to the open-world game during its early access period, including new monsters, locations, and dungeons. The studio championed community feedback in its early access announcement, stating that it’s the best way to fine-tune Palworld’s balancing and ensure it’s “the best it can be.”
While Palworld is on Steam, it’s also out on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles. Be sure to check out our dedicated guide to Palworld on Game Pass for all the latest news concerning the Xbox console exclusive coming to the subscription-driven platform.
Now that you’re all set for your adventures in Palworld, be sure to check out the latest Palworld system requirements. We’ve also got some of the best indie games to keep you off the beaten path for a little while longer. Alternatively, take the top free PC games for a spin.